Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a bow from a guy in Portland Oregon, he shipped it on July 2nd and sent me a pic of the receipt. The bow still hasn’t arrived and hasn’t been scanned since he dropped it off at PO. He has filed a claim but it hasn’t been located. How long do I wait before asking for a refund?

·
Registered
Elite Gt500, Elite Envy, Reign 6
2,710 Posts
July 2nd? It's taken me over a month to get a bow shipped usps. Hopefully the guy wasn't a cheap ass and insured it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m in the same boat but I’ve been told it’s just delayed. My bow was shipped from Wisconsin up to BC June 28th. Its apparently sitting at the border but the tracking doesn’t reflect that. Im so impatient I almost went and got another one today.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really want the bow but it should have at least been scanned a couple times by now, PO doesn’t even know where it’s at.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Took me 2 months to get a bow I traded for. He mailed it out on April 19th and I got it June 15th. He paid me for the bow and a week later it showed up so I gave him his money back. It will show up but it may take a while. Also the bow was scanned at the post office when he dropped it off and never was scanned again for almost 2 months. Usps is a crap show right now.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just shipped out a Mathews V3 31 Monday from Florida to Arizona ground put insurance on it and they say it will be there tomorrow Thursday but dame 63 dollars for shipping is madness I did pack it with wrapping paper and tshirts all around the bow and made them put fragile stickers on the box. I will never use the post office unless that’s the only method there is. It’s run by the government enough said lol good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
None
608 Posts
Never ship a bow USPS it took a month for me to get mine

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Up to you when you want to ask for a refund...your the customer. I would think that 3 weeks is plenty long to expect the shipped package to arrive. Could have made it to you from Batswana by now!

Seller is the shipper, and if he (or the shipping agent) failed to get it to you, then he is responsible for the refund- and filing the claim to get reimbursed for the loss. If he didn't insure the package, then comes out of his pocket.

Reactions: Jay sears

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Gents, also take into consideration the location it’s going through IE Portland. I had a bow go from AZ to Los Angeles and sit there for a couple weeks. People out sick, COVID, blah blah blah. Finally hit the East Coast then had to go through DC. ***. I knew it was coming but it was definitely interesting how long it took. Shipped out a couple items and received a couple I bought from members on Sunday. C’est la vie!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Bought a bow from a guy in Portland Oregon, he shipped it on July 2nd and sent me a pic of the receipt. The bow still hasn’t arrived and hasn’t been scanned since he dropped it off at PO. He has filed a claim but it hasn’t been located. How long do I wait before asking for a refund?
Sometimes with USPS an item can be moving through the system, and their tracking wont get pushed from the database to thr front end tracking view. That is until it is out for delivery, then it floods through and resyncs.

I would ask what the slip says for expected delivery date, but as others have pointed out it can take longer

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
It's a Beautiful Day :)
15,340 Posts
I'd experienced many delays from USPS Priority shipping over the last few years. Sometimes up to a month or longer. With no tracking update until just before delivery.

Call USPS and open a ticket. Usually I get the bow around 2 weeks after opening a ticket.

Call: 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777)

The good news is I always received the bows in the end.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
I have had several late deliveries over the years. All of them showed up after filing missing/lost package.
IMG_0107.png

Recently it progressed to the point I was given a number to call Consumers Affairs on the following Monday. The pkg showed up on the Saturday before. The pkg did take 4 weeks to get. Very good chance it will show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
USPS had been reorganizing and down-sizing since 2019. I can't count the pieces of important mail I've not received nor the packages that have been delayed or lost. It really worked much better as a government agency, before it was "privatized". Back in the day, I always got all my mail!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I shipped from washington to virginia. It took almost a month. But that was mid winter during the bif ice storm and everything was slow or stopped. The $20 of insurance is worth it just in case.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sales slip said expected delivery was 07/07/21 and he paid $83.50 for shipping.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Gents, also take into consideration the location it’s going through IE Portland. I had a bow go from AZ to Los Angeles and sit there for a couple weeks. People out sick, COVID, blah blah blah. Finally hit the East Coast then had to go through DC. ***. I knew it was coming but it was definitely interesting how long it took. Shipped out a couple items and received a couple I bought from members on Sunday. C’est la vie!
You never want to see a package hit Capital Heights, MD it will sit a minimum of a week.

Reactions: CakeEater

·
Registered
PSE EVO NXT / Xpedition mx16
169 Posts
Always always always request the sender use the big brown truck. Ups much more reliable bit more costly but its worth it

200 Posts
If it has only been scanned in by the local post office as received and not scanned any farther (distribution center) the seller or you need to contact the local post office, The big delays I see are in the distribution centers not the local post offices so it could be sitting at the local post office yet. The good thing is they have phones and real people to talk to or have the seller drop by in person. If it is sitting at a distribution center then it can be anybody guess as to when it will move. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts