Archery Talk Forum banner

USPS Priority Mail

2838 Views 52 Replies 44 Participants Last post by  TMAX
I shipped a bow on March 12 from Cincinnati Ohio to Caldwell, Id. It has still not been received. What is the longest someone has had priority mail to take? I have shipped many bows and it is usually 3 days. I insured the package, but this still sucks
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Premium Member
5,888 Posts
I shipped a bow on March 12 from Cincinnati Ohio to Caldwell, Id. It has still not been received. What is the longest someone has had priority mail to take? I have shipped many bows and it is usually 3 days. I insured the package, but this still sucks
One bad experience and you say they suck,try UPS then you will really understand service that sucks.

· Registered
36,987 Posts
USPS , cutting hours just like many other business , moving employees around , changing work hours .. Give it another day , then call PO

· Registered
548 Posts
USPS really:angry: me..
I've lost two items that I've shipped USPS priority in the last year. I shipped an Octane quiver that never showed up and just recently I shipped a guy some archery products that have yet to arrive. I'd like to find the post man that is stealing stuff and kick them in the junk.:mg: I have no confidence in our USPS, I won't ever ship USPS again. Good luck I hope it shows up:embara:

· Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One bad experience and you say they suck,try UPS then you will really understand service that sucks.

I didn't mean to imply that the post office sucks. I was referring to the situation that sucks. But now that I'm talking about the post office, I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with a women that was down right rude to me. As far as UPS, I have never had any problems with them

· Registered
495 Posts
Never had a problem with UPS personally and would prefer to use them. My wife and I have shipped lots of items with them and never once had a problem.

I just bought a bow on AT that was coming from Idaho to Ohio via USPS. Took 8 days.

· Registered
3,319 Posts
What kind of bow was it?

· Registered
6,867 Posts
If you didn't have a delivery confirmation, they might not be able to locate it, whether you shipped it priority or not.

I called USPS about a priority mail I sent a postal MO for a deposit on a hunt. It took 2 weeks and since I didn't have a delivery or tracking number, there wasn't much they could to locate it. And they wouldn't even stop the postal MO either and I had to wait 30 days before they would even look at it.

· Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Never had a problem with UPS personally and would prefer to use them. My wife and I have shipped lots of items with them and never once had a problem.

I just bought a bow on AT that was coming from Idaho to Ohio via USPS. Took 8 days.

This makes me feel a little better. Maybe I have just been spoiled with their fast delivery in the past. However, I am still not happy about the attitude I received from customer service. I am a police officer and speak to criminals better than she spoke to me

· Registered
8,379 Posts
If it's shipped via Priority then it shouldn't take more than 4 days going from california to new york. However, some people will be cheap and ship Parcel Post which will more than likely take 10-14 days.

For crying out loud people, pay the extra 2.00 for priority/tracking/insurance. I had a Priority shipped package take 6 days...mind you that's what tracking said. I complained enough and got a refund. Always CYA.

· Time Flies
13,298 Posts
Usps

I've always had good experiences with USPS; in fact nothing of mine has ever been lost or stolen, and I can't even imagine how many things I've purchased or sold and used USPS. However, I always make sure that I get a tracking number (Delivery Confirmation), because it's going to be a lot harder for a package to get "lost" if the mail carrier has to confirm that it's been delivered. If it gets stolen after the carrier delivers it, then it's a problem with someone in your neighborhood.

· Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If it's shipped via Priority then it shouldn't take more than 4 days going from california to new york. However, some people will be cheap and ship Parcel Post which will more than likely take 10-14 days.

For crying out loud people, pay the extra 2.00 for priority/tracking/insurance. I had a Priority shipped package take 6 days...mind you that's what tracking said. I complained enough and got a refund. Always CYA.

I shipped it priority mail with insurance and delivery confirmation for a grand total of $42. When I track it online, it still says "acceptance" at the post office I shipped it from, for the status

· Registered
226 Posts
I ordered strings from Bucknasty, and they never showed up . I let him know that I didn't receive them from USPS, and he sent me another set. They arrived in like 3 days. That is excellent customer service, and he deserves props for it.

· Rob Beaulieu
4,301 Posts
I have sent items that take up to 10-12 days. For some unknown reason the boxes end up in the wrong state then hold them for the next truck going the way the box needs to go. At least thats the PO. excuses Blaa. It should end up at the address in a timely manner.

My 2 cents

· Registered
1,538 Posts
I've always had good luck with usps and find priority a good value. That said, I've talked to the postmaster about insurance on stuff I ship and she recommends it but says you'll play heck getting them to pay up if something is lost. I usually just get the delivery confirmation.

· Registered
5,920 Posts
i joined in january on this site and sold and bought alot of things thru USPS and i had nothing but problems with them since day one . i never had a problem with UPS. and yep you guessed it there customer service people are very rude and can care less that you paid for 2-3 day priority mail and it gets there in 10 days. USPS SUCKS! and for the guy who said its just another $2 for priority mail what town does he live in cus here its $5. drop usps.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.