Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the biggest buck I've seen since the opener was a 2 pt (and I missed it!). Granted, I haven't had much time to hunt this year with work being crazy, but I still expected to see more.

I've been hunting down between Salina/Fish Lake and up past Kamas near Mirror Lake. I saw a few does and lots of fawns this weekend but not one buck.

I guess we only have one weekend left, right? I'm trying to figure out where to go. Don't worry... I'm not expecting you to divulge your secret spot... ;) just curious about how your hunts are going so far.

Em

(I guess I should mention that my brother got a 2 pt and my dad got a 4x3 pt in the same areas I was hunting.)

·
Registered
761 Posts
your lucky you got a tag. I have a camp that I have to pack out of Logan Canyon. I have not been up there this year, but there is always bigger deer up there because you have to hike and cant ride a 4 wheeler. I have only seen small deer and one nice 4point at 70 yards running away this year also, but I havent been chasing those I have been chasing elk. Last year there were three different 4 points and several 3 pointers that get to grow even bigger this year where i hunt.I would be willing to show you if you come up to cache valley but I have not been up there this year and the sheep are proabably in there by now, so I dont think it would be a good idea.
Good Luck to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts