Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drew a Utah archery tag this year and this is what I made of it.

I am sold on G5 T3's

·
bowonlywhitetails
16,757 Posts
Great buck...congrats!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Man what a great beautiful buck. Whats the story with him? Nice photos by the way and congrats on a successful hunt.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Thats a heck of a buck! Great job!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!

Basically your classic spot and stalk story.

Glassed him and 5 other bucks bedded down on the side of a mountain. We ran around and got on top of them but a smaller buck in the group pegged us during the stalk. When he did they all stood up, including the big one. Ranged him at 85 yards and made the shot, just goes to show that practice pays off! I had been practicing out to 90 all summer and was fairly confident. The buck ran about 60 yards and piled up. He green scored 185 5/8 with a 29 inch spread. This old boy from Tennessee was a happy camper to say the least. :wink:

This buck was all DIY on public land. Just goes to show that they are out there.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Awesome buck man congrats!!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Awesome buck, beautiful velvet, great pics also

·
Waiting on a shooter
1,380 Posts
Thanks guys!

Basically your classic spot and stalk story.

Glassed him and 5 other bucks bedded down on the side of a mountain. We ran around and got on top of them but a smaller buck in the group pegged us during the stalk. When he did they all stood up, including the big one. Ranged him at 85 yards and made the shot, just goes to show that practice pays off! I had been practicing out to 90 all summer and was fairly confident. The buck ran about 60 yards and piled up. He green scored 185 5/8 with a 29 inch spread. This old boy from Tennessee was a happy camper to say the least. :wink:

This buck was all DIY on public land. Just goes to show that they are out there.
How did you hunt, did you pack in and have a base camp or did you go out and in daily. Also, how many days and any reason you choose Utah over Colorado or other
states. I have been looking at a similar hunt, but was looking more at Colorado due to the drawing odds and familiarity of Colorado. How many years did you have to wait for the draw, if you had to wait? A muley hunt is my next big trip! Oh, and sorry for all of the questions! Great buck!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts