Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know you whitetail guys are the guru's of UTV's! I am so tired of not being able to get up the roads to hunt, shed hunt, or check trail cameras for MONTHS at a time due to heavy snow, and am actually thinking about breaking down and getting a ATV or UTV with tracks. I would appreciate ANY words of advice as far as best ones, ones to avoid, best tracks, etc. THANKS!!!!
DS

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm not a Guru on the subject or a whitetail guy, but from what I've seen the Argo is about the best around. I have a friend that uses one to check his trap-line all winter long. They are incredible...

·
Registered
300 Posts
forget the argo, those things will beat you to death and are not what they say they are, i know , i've had 2 differnt type and they both sucked, go with the tracks on a fourwheeler, they work, big time, inless u hit a mud ditch then you just dig 45 degrees down...

·
Registered
539 Posts
We recently bought a Polaris Ranger for our fire dept with tracks. That thing goes thru it all...actually over it all. on powder mud and everything in between. You will enjoy the tracks but they are spendy.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys- I'll check those out. buckpro85: which fourwheeler would you recommend, or anyone recommend? thanks!
DS

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I not the expert on the subject, but they run $3000+ and they are best used by a big engine ATV because they use so much power to run. The ski company that I work for uses a set on a Honda ATV and they seem to work well.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
I have a Rhino but chose not to add tracks.They are a thirty-five hundred dollar investment in my area.I just bought a used sled instead as I plow my driveway with my bike and with tracks,it would be difficult to do a good job in tight areas because of the larger turning radius with track attachments. ;)
Hope this helps a bit.

·
NAASP
14,539 Posts
do tell....

forget the argo, those things will beat you to death and are not what they say they are, i know , i've had 2 differnt type and they both sucked, go with the tracks on a fourwheeler, they work, big time, inless u hit a mud ditch then you just dig 45 degrees down...
What is it that they are not what they say? I would like to know.

I'm sure they would beat the crap out of you if you drive them like a race car.:D

But I know they will go thru the slush and snow that a reg ATV will not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts