Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m in the market for a new set of limbs on my 19” Hoyt Satori riser. Currently I have the factory 45# Hoyt limbs. When I bought the bow a year ago I had 35# limbs and wanted to get my mechanics, draw, shooting sequence and all that before I went up in weight. I hunted this year a little bit with it and was able to get an arrow into a nice buck. That’s another story however. I used to shoot a compound religiously and have everything in my shop for a full archery shop set up. However I sold the compound and pot committed to the Satori and decided I’d try it for a season and if it wasn’t for me I would go back to the compound tail tucked. I have yet to buy another compound and caught the recurve bug. So I was looking into the Uukha limbs but are they worth the money? Is there another limb that is equivalent to them but lest cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a pair of the Evo2 and Tuulai limbs. They shoot great, are smooth and quick.
Do you know if they feel like your drawing less or holding less weight? And are the speeds faster than the same pound limbs say in 45# satori limbs?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Do you know if they feel like your drawing less or holding less weight? And are the speeds faster than the same pound limbs say in 45# satori limbs?

I wouldn't say they feel like you're drawing & holding less weight. Usually people describe those qualities with the super curve limbs. What I notice is that they're very smooth through the draw force curve and they don't have noticeable stacking to me. My draw length is about 29 1/4" and I don't feel stacking. As far as speed, I can't really say. I've never chronographed them. Jake Kaminski did a review on two Uukha limbs. Here is one of them. His review is excellent and I think you will find this helpful. Although the Evo2's are discontinued, the new lower cost limb offerings from Uukha (SX50 and Gobi) seem to be an improvement on their already good design.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't say they feel like you're drawing & holding less weight. Usually people describe those qualities with the super curve limbs. What I notice is that they're very smooth through the draw force curve and they don't have noticeable stacking to me. My draw length is about 29 1/4" and I don't feel stacking. As far as speed, I can't really say. I've never chronographed them. Jake Kaminski did a review on two Uukha limbs. Here is one of them. His review is excellent and I think you will find this helpful. Although the Evo2's are discontinued, the new lower cost limb offerings from Uukha (SX50 and Gobi) seem to be an improvement on their already good design.

Thank you!

·
Registered
778 Posts
I never took the time to shoot mine through my chrono but the Uukha SX-80's did increase my 20 yard gap which is an indication of increase in velocity compared to the same weight carbon/foam limbs I was shooting on an Avalon Plus riser. The Uukha's were noticeably quieter which is a good quality for a hunting bow to have.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lancaster. I got the 34 pound limbs and should hit low 40's on my 15 inch riser. Will make a 62 inch hunting rig.
And that leads me to another question for everyone. My arrow set up is 580g with 325 of that up front. Im in Montana and hunting elk so I’m curious if anyone has had a similar set up and if you’ve had pass throughs on bigger animals than deer?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And that leads me to another question for everyone. My arrow set up is 580g with 325 of that up front. Im in Montana and hunting elk so I’m curious if anyone has had a similar set up and if you’ve had pass throughs on bigger animals than deer?

Sorry I miss typed I’m 245 grains up front

·
Heeney
228 Posts
This will be my first high dollar limb purchase, so I hope they dont disappoint. I've had several high dollar risers, and have always shot Tradtech Black Max limbs. They have always been good limbs for the price.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
23,560 Posts
I have 3 sets of Uukhas….but also about 4 sets of others.

I order limbs from Alt services- usually cheaper and a much better selection.

I think the best bang for the buck is the WNS limbs between $100-200. Those C3 or C5 compare to limbs costing 3x more.

Knowing what I do now, If I was buying another set of Uukhas it would be the SX50

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have 3sets of Uukhas….but also about 4 sets of others.

I oder limbs from Alt services- usually cheaper and a much better selection.

I think the best bang for the buck is the WNS limbs between $100-200. Those C3 or C5 compare to limbs costing 3x more.

Knowing what I do now, If I was buying another set of Uukhas it would be the SX50
So, wanna sell a set of those Uukha’s?

·
Registered
778 Posts
I just ordered my Christmas present, a set of XL SX-50 for my 15 inch Backland riser.
True story: 20 years or so ago, a week or so before Christmas I visited with our friend Mike at Mike's Archery in St .Charles, MO. I bought a dozen arrows, points .feathers and a couple of other odds and ends; totaling around $250. My wife discovered the receipt and was not pleased with my shopping spree that close to Christmas. Her displeasure was duly noted but I have to admit went right over my head. During the gift exchange the only thing under the tree for ne was a small box labeled to Greg from Greg. Opening the box I found the receipt for my Mike's Archery shopping spree. Never underestimate the significant others ability to teach important lessons. Enjoy the limbs and put the receipt in a safe place.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hahaha no that’s kinda why I ask. I bought a Christensen Arms Traverse in a 28 Nosler and of course mounted a very nice Vortex scope on it. Needless to say it was over 3 grand easily so I might wake up dead if I dropped 800$ on a set of limbs

·
Registered
10,478 Posts
Try them first if you can. They have a strange feel that some love others can't get used to. I'm in the later camp. They are so smooth that you never get to that stack point that is the 'wall' on a recurve. Without that stack point I struggle with consistent draw length.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts