Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Try them first if you can. They have a strange feel that some love others can't get used to. I'm in the later camp. They are so smooth that you never get to that stack point that is the 'wall' on a recurve. Without that stack point I struggle with consistent draw length.
I’ve heard that! Would a palm clicker like the one Tom Clum makes be beneficial for those that can’t seem to get used to that spongy feeling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Corripe Cervisiam
23,772 Posts
The new Uukhas feel more like a conventional limb to me.

edit; My new Selenghas don’t have the same letoff feeling of the older ExEvo or the Vx…..to me, they feel somewhere in between a conventional recurve limb and their older models.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
There nice go for it; I have the sx 50 for my 19 in satori awesome limbs you will get to like the feel of them real fast trust me

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Do you that have those limbs fee that a palm clicker/trigger would be beneficial for that softer back wall so to speak? I used one when I first started and I feel it helped me with my consistency. I think I’ll start looking hard at the SX 50 as some of you mentioned.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
There nice go for it; I have the sx 50 for my 19 in satori awesome limbs you will get to like the feel of them real fast trust me
Any idea what kind of speeds you were getting and how heavy of an arrow? Also what draw length ?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ok, so I just ordered a set of Uukha Selenga 62” 50# limbs and I’ll get back to this thread when they show up.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I’ve heard that! Would a palm clicker like the one Tom Clum makes be beneficial for those that can’t seem to get used to that spongy feeling?

There not spongy and you don't need add on gadgets to shoot them. Anchor point is not defined by draw holding weight.

·
Heeney
247 Posts
My SX-50's are suppose to be here Monday. I will shoot them for a couple of days and report what I think about them. I hope they are what I am looking for, I hope the smoother feel on the back end of my draw lets me shoot more relaxed.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
There not spongy and you don't need add on gadgets to shoot them. Anchor point is not defined by draw holding weight.
Yeah I get that! I was just asking if you think they would be beneficial for getting a feel for them and being consistent. I’m just trying to learn as much as I can. Thank you.

·
Heeney
247 Posts
Yeah I get that! I was just asking if you think they would be beneficial for getting a feel for them and being consistent. I’m just trying to learn as much as I can. Thank you.

I tried the RMS solid grip trigger, didn't like it, and string clickers. I'm back to just using a solid shot cycle and getting better results. I try to trigger my shot with expansion of my draw side back muscles, that is what I'm hoping these Uukha limbs will make easier.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I tried the RMS solid grip trigger, didn't like it, and string clickers. I'm back to just using a solid shot cycle and getting better results. I try to trigger my shot with expansion of my draw side back muscles, that is what I'm hoping these Uukha limbs will make easier.
I have the RMS trigger too but it’s wore off now and the only thing left on the grip is a sticky backer piece lol. Now I kinda use it as a hand placement reference. I was kind of hoping for the same thing in the limbs as you mention

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
UPDATE: Got my hands on a set of Uukha Irbis 55# 64” limbs and I have a 60X Custom string(61.25”). Have around 75 arrows on the strings and limbs now. At first they seem to draw really heavy upfront and then as I get to full draw it’s very light IMO. I’m a 29” draw and I shot 500’s, 450’s, 400’s, 340-50’s, and a 300 spine arrow. After finding brace height of 8.25” and moving the rest so the arrow is just a tad left of center, that’s where it shoots the best for me. My guesses were I’d be shooting a 350 spine arrow with 175-200 grain tips plus inserts. I consistently shot them tail left. I pulled out a 300 Victory VAP TKO from my compound set up and stuck a 200 grain point on it and stripped the fletchings off….. forgot to mention this was all done with bareshafts. Is shot true and straight everytime. With a 150g head it was a little stiff. The weight of that arrow without the fletching and wrap is 519g and through my Chrony it’s averaging 192fps. I’m pretty happy with the results of that so far. I also ordered a set of Uukha Selenga 50# 62” limbs to see if I like those any better. Will update again when I get those. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!

·
Heeney
247 Posts
That is plenty fast for hunting. I got my XL sx50's and still getting use to them. Much faster than my other limbs. I agree they draw heavier than standard limbs early, I think that is what makes them shoot so fast. I like them, but they are not the magic I was hoping for. No let-off feeling at the end that some people mention and really don't feel any lighter in draw weight than my standard wood/glass limbs. They definitely don't stack and have plenty of draw length in them, and look super cool though.

·
Heeney
247 Posts
I am kind of "pot-committed" on this new Backland riser and Uukha limbs now with the amount of money I have spent on this rig. I like the combo but don't feel my new Uukha limbs will kill a deer any better than my 10 year old TradTech Black Max limbs. They actually have thrown my gaps off and made them much bigger, good for shooting farther but bad for up close hunting distance, but my mind is slowly adjusting. I'm not bashing on the Uukha limbs, just don't expect any magic over your old standard limbs. Maybe in heavier weights like jordanrw23 is shooting is where they really shine. I'm only shooting 40 pounds so I guess that is pretty easy with any limbs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not sure how much you crawl, but you may consider gap shooting with some amount of fixed crawl to help close your gaps back up to something consistent. The other option is to go to a heavier/longer arrow which will bring your speed down to sort your gaps out, but carry a bit more momentum.

The monolith carbon limbs definitely add a ton of speed that's been a pain starting to shoot barebow indoors this year...took me going to a full length 2314 (34.5") with a 100gr point to get something that I can at least lollypop the target with.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Got another set of Uukha limbs. This time in a 50# Selenga 62” set. Slapped a new ABB string on it and started shooting. Brace height is at 7 3/4 and I have a 1/2” nocking point. Shot bare shafts and had to do absolutely no twisting in the string. Bare shafts tuned in the first couple shots and with the beaver balls installed I can hardly hear the bow at the break of the shot. Haven’t chrono’d yet but it’s really liking a 350 arrow with 200 grain points. These limbs seem to draw a little smoother than my new Uukha Irbis limbs but those are also 55# and 64” bow. So far digging the Uukha limbs and listed my Hoyt satori limbs for sale.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm not as deeply involved as others with barebow to offer a comparison with other ILF limbs. I currently shoot with a set of EX1 Evo2s on a 25" riser and I have absolutely no complaints. Purchased from Alt Services about two years ago. As for using them in a hunting scenario, I wouldn't be the least hesitant to put them on a 15 or 17 in riser and take them to the woods. IMO they are that good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ran the Ex1Evo2's on my 21" Satori and am now currently running their flagship Sx+ on my Win&Win target barebow setup... actually, both I shipped to Jake and are the actual same 2 sets that he reviewed that Longbowfanatic mentioned above. I agree with everything Jake said on the Evo2's but personally disagree on the Sx+ findings... but he isn't wrong he said they felt a bit squishy at his 29+" draw length which I don't feel at my 31" draw length so that makes sense.
I will say the limbs are absolutely worth it... the construction of them is different than the standard core/backing method taken by almost all the other limb manufacturers out there. The current line up, if you haven't already found out, delineates how much of their monolith carbon is used in the construction of the model limbs... so the Sx50's are made with 50% carbon, the Sx80's are 80% carbon and both the Sx100's and Sx+'s are 100% carbon. The remainder of the material used is glass. They use uniform construction so the damn things pull smooth at butter but punch fast on the release. Very very nice.
Having owned the Ex1Evo2's (Uukha's last gen entry level model, 25% carbon) and their current top of the line Sx+'s, and also having got to shoot friends bows using the Sx50's and Sx80's... as much as I hate to admit it... I don't think the prices equal what you are getting. Like of course I like the Sx+'s the best out of all the other ones I have shot... they are just a bit smoother, just a bit faster, have a nicer shot feel... but they are $1,000 US. You can get the Sx50's for about 1/3rd of that... and the Sx+'s are not 3 times better. The Sx50's, imo, are the best bang for you buck in the Uukha lineup. They are absolutely worth that price and I can't imagine there is any scenario in which you regret buying them.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I ran the Ex1Evo2's on my 21" Satori and am now currently running their flagship Sx+ on my Win&Win target barebow setup... actually, both I shipped to Jake and are the actual same 2 sets that he reviewed that Longbowfanatic mentioned above. I agree with everything Jake said on the Evo2's but personally disagree on the Sx+ findings... but he isn't wrong he said they felt a bit squishy at his 29+" draw length which I don't feel at my 31" draw length so that makes sense.
I will say the limbs are absolutely worth it... the construction of them is different than the standard core/backing method taken by almost all the other limb manufacturers out there. The current line up, if you haven't already found out, delineates how much of their monolith carbon is used in the construction of the model limbs... so the Sx50's are made with 50% carbon, the Sx80's are 80% carbon and both the Sx100's and Sx+'s are 100% carbon. The remainder of the material used is glass. They use uniform construction so the damn things pull smooth at butter but punch fast on the release. Very very nice.
Having owned the Ex1Evo2's (Uukha's last gen entry level model, 25% carbon) and their current top of the line Sx+'s, and also having got to shoot friends bows using the Sx50's and Sx80's... as much as I hate to admit it... I don't think the prices equal what you are getting. Like of course I like the Sx+'s the best out of all the other ones I have shot... they are just a bit smoother, just a bit faster, have a nicer shot feel... but they are $1,000 US. You can get the Sx50's for about 1/3rd of that... and the Sx+'s are not 3 times better. The Sx50's, imo, are the best bang for you buck in the Uukha lineup. They are absolutely worth that price and I can't imagine there is any scenario in which you regret buying them.
I’ve been shooting the Uukha Irbis 55# 64”limbs on my 19” satori riser as well as getting a set of Uukha Selenga 50# 62”limbs this past week and actually taken a couple shots this past weekend. In my experience so far they are superior to the satori limbs I had on there and are a lot smoother shooting. I don’t feel the squishy or spongy-ness that some say they have. I feel very comfortable and everything is smooth while shooting both set of limbs. No fatigue that I had with the 45# satori limbs. I by no means am a target shooter but a very accomplished compound hunter and decided to make the transition to a recurve. I figured the Satori was a good place to start and learn and with no prior knowledge of what I was getting into and only having a compound shop an hour and a half away from home I jumped in head first lol. I am glad I made the switch to the recurve. I’ve learned a ton and am still green but I love to learn. When I was looking to upgrade my limbs I knew I was going to have to spend some coin on a good set so I bought 2 . I’m excited to hunt with both sets of limbs since ultimately I am just a bow hunter and not a target guru. I do love the comfort and the speed from these limbs. I think the investment for me was well worth the cost. I’ve harvested numerous bull elk, mule deer, antelope, and mountain lions with my compound now to see if I can get it done with my Hoyt Uukha combo.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts