Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the green UV3 and out of the box doesn’t adjust intensity. It turns on and off, but just nothing happens when you press the other buttons. Anyone else have this problem?

I emailed UV and asked to swap just the light ring and they asked me to email them a video. I just said no thanks and will shoot a different scope. The scope is all of a week old.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I dont feel like its silly or out of line. I suppose I would be a bit cautious about someone asking me to send them parts or products with a email. I would imagine if it were you on the other end,with no idea who you were speaking with, you would want some verification that your product failed. They have to stay in business in order to provide continuous customer service.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I broke a grip from them they asked me for a picture. I sent them a picture and they sent me a new grip. Sounds like the only obstacle preventing you from getting your light replaced is you.
This ^^^^^^^^^

Reactions: Newby94

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont feel like its silly or out of line. I suppose I would be a bit cautious about someone asking me to send them parts or products with a email. I would imagine if it were you on the other end,with no idea who you were speaking with, you would want some verification that your product failed. They have to stay in business in order to provide continuous customer service.
i asked to do a return, i didnt ask for free product. I think they make a good product; if they had said please take a video and you dont need to return the parts i would have understood more, but thats not what they said. If your gonna spend $300 on something and it doesnt work out of the box thats frustrating. the email response should have been as follows:

Dear Mr. X, We're really sorry you had this problem. Please see attached return label and please reference XYZ for your order. We'll figure out why your light didn't work and send you a new one ASAP. again, sorry for the inconvenience.

now are they gonna figure out why its broken? no, they are gonna throw it away immediately. I fully understand they are a small company and they seem incredibly understaffed, but you dont ask for a video of why your product sucks.

i will admit, if they said "hey, send us a video and we'll get one out tomorrow" that probably would have been an easier concept to understand.

i was more curious if other people had this same issue.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
i asked to do a return, i didnt ask for free product. I think they make a good product; if they had said please take a video and you dont need to return the parts i would have understood more, but thats not what they said. If your gonna spend $300 on something and it doesnt work out of the box thats frustrating. the email response should have been as follows:

Dear Mr. X, We're really sorry you had this problem. Please see attached return label and please reference XYZ for your order. We'll figure out why your light didn't work and send you a new one ASAP. again, sorry for the inconvenience.

now are they gonna figure out why its broken? no, they are gonna throw it away immediately. I fully understand they are a small company and they seem incredibly understaffed, but you dont ask for a video of why your product sucks.

i will admit, if they said "hey, send us a video and we'll get one out tomorrow" that probably would have been an easier concept to understand.

i was more curious if other people had this same issue.
I suppose you did say “swap” in your initial post, I was wrong to assume you meant for them just to ship a replacement. If there intention would be to scrap the part, perhaps they don't wish to waist the money on having it shipped back.

If a video would result in a new part being shipped next business day, would that change your opinion of them?

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I suppose you did say “swap” in your initial post, I was wrong to assume you meant for them just to ship a replacement. If there intention would be to scrap the part, perhaps they don't wish to waist the money on having it shipped back.

If a video would result in a new part being shipped next business day, would that change your opinion of them?
no, I would still beleive they make a quality product as I already do. But at some point it’s about doing it right. Good service is what separates , everyone makes a defective product at some point. It’s the same reason I will never deal with feradyne ever again, and I think the carbonic is the best apples to apples sight bar there is.

·
Registered
23 Posts
no, I would still beleive they make a quality product as I already do. But at some point it’s about doing it right. Good service is what separates , everyone makes a defective product at some point. It’s the same reason I will never deal with feradyne ever again, and I think the carbonic is the best apples to apples sight bar there is.
Feradyne is a horror show on the customer service side of things!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Their customer service is top shelf in my opinion…. I ordered the matte black one the minute they released them and the second day after I got it I went to go shoot and bumped it on a plastic dog crate and a chip in the paint came off…. Understandably, they couldn’t “replace” it being that it was a limited edition product but they sure enough gave me a refund… they even submitted the return as soon as I dropped the original scope off at the post office…. I sure enough turned around and bought the exact same thing again and have loved it ever since…. If your scope isn’t functioning correctly then send them a darn video of it and they will take care of you…. This is a limited edition product so they can not do exchanges on it.. and they aren’t gonna cut open a sealed package scope kit to take out a part to send to you…

·
Shootin and Cussin
25,965 Posts
Got the green UV3 and out of the box doesn’t adjust intensity. It turns on and off, but just nothing happens when you press the other buttons. Anyone else have this problem?

I emailed UV and asked to swap just the light ring and they asked me to email them a video. I just said no thanks and will shoot a different scope. The scope is all of a week old.
Well, this post tells me a lot.....

·
Registered
15,269 Posts
Because that’s silly and bad customer service.
Unless you are doing something wrong and they can just explain to you how to fix it... Maybe they just wanted evidence you have a defective product before shipping a replacement. That is actually good customer service. And I'm not a fanboy of UV, I actually am not a fan of most of their products, in particular the scopes. Maybe the one that didn't understand is you, and because of it, you posted your mistake on the internet for everyone to get a good laugh. Sounds to me like you are jumping to conclusions for a company who was trying to help you...

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Their customer service is top shelf in my opinion…. I ordered the matte black one the minute they released them and the second day after I got it I went to go shoot and bumped it on a plastic dog crate and a chip in the paint came off…. Understandably, they couldn’t “replace” it being that it was a limited edition product but they sure enough gave me a refund… they even submitted the return as soon as I dropped the original scope off at the post office…. I sure enough turned around and bought the exact same thing again and have loved it ever since…. If your scope isn’t functioning correctly then send them a darn video of it and they will take care of you…. This is a limited edition product so they can not do exchanges on it.. and they aren’t gonna cut open a sealed package scope kit to take out a part to send to you…
The light housing separates with an Allen screw. Your uninformed. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts