Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for you guys that have or did own both WHAT'S the difference. Are they different other than the Limb stops / cable stops. For me I don't think limb vs cable stops means anything. What else is there ? I had myself convinced I wanted the Ritual but I am having second thoughts now. It will be my 3-D bow, length isn't a big deal to me. I am shooting a Revol currently
Thx Dave

·
Will K.
394 Posts
I've shot the v37 for the past 2 seasons. Been shooting the Echelon for about a month now. Really liked the v37 and had success with it but imo the echelon is a step up. From the tuning adjustability, to the smoother draw, to the balance and solid hold on target, to the better feeling grip I'm enjoying this bow much more so far. For me I'm finding the speed to be a little off from the v37 however. Around 3 to 5 fps but I still have stock strings on. That could change when I put my customs on. I wouldn't say the echelon is vibration free but it's definitely less than the 37. Overall I believe it to be a better bow than the 37 and the fact that you can do so much more tuning wise and feel wise with the cable stops is just a bonus. I haven't shot the revol so I can't compare those 2.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks WillK, that's what I need to hear. Anyone else ?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My findings are very similar to WillK. I have hunted and shot 3D with my V37's and really enjoyed them. I have the Echelon 37 and feel that the cable stops are are a great improvement. Soft backwall, but not spongy at all. Love the new cable rod system. My pin float and shot execution improved. Draw cycle nice all the way through, no big dump and long valley. The valley is nice and won't jump out of your hand if you relax a little. Love the grip on the Echelon. The Echelon is about 4 FPS faster than my V37 with the same setup. Only put 3 twists in the cables to get timed. Tuned the Echelon in about 3 or 4 shots with only a very slight cable rod adjustment after presetting the centershot at 13/16". BS hitting together with fletched at 20 yards. Broadheads see no change in sights out to 40 yards. Vibration with Echelon is probably a little less than the V37. Overall an excellent bow with many options for tuning and shooting. I have shot the Revol and thought the draw cycle was a little stiff and had no valley.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
How is the draw cycle compared to the V37 and the drop into the valley? One of the things I don't like about my V37 (especially shooting it back to back with my hyperedge) is it pulls very hard and then "crashes" into the limb stops. Also with almost no holding weight and for me it tends to lull me into relaxing too much and then it tries to tear your shoulder out, same is true letting down, the ramp up is ridiculous. Where the Hyperedge DFX is much smoother into the valley, there's no slamming into anything, more holding weight, and if you move around in the valley or let down the ramp up won't try and tear your arm off.

I've tried setting the limb stops to increasing the holding weight but it just shortens the valley and makes the ramp up even worse letting down.

Also how is the grip width? I used to have an E35 with the grip and thought the bare riser grip would be amazing, but my V37 grip is a little too wide for my hand it seems. I alway struggle to get my hand comfortable on it and torque free where with narrower riser grips that doesn't seem to be an issue, so I was just curious if they narrowed it up a bit.

Thanks!

Todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts