Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added some v-bars to my Scepter II last night, and the bow is much more stable for me now. The only problem is that the left rod keeps poking me in the stomach all the time when I'm getting ready for the shot. Is there a reason why I see most side rods on the left side of the bow only (counteracting torque or something)? I was wondering if I could just add another weight to the right one and get rid of the left one.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
For the right handed shooter, additional weight on the left side balances and counteracts the weight of the sight and scope located on the right side of the bow.

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
old pokey

same problem here. when i put on V bars it was like wrestling with a jungle jim. they work great but poke the heck out of you when you are knocking the arrow.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The single side rod also counterbalances the sight window. Unless you have a shoot through riser there will be more weight on the right side (right handed bow) since there is no metal on the left side of the sight window.

Rather than a v-bar, you can use an offset bracket that will hold the side rod and weight parallel to the stabilizer. That will be less likely to poke you as you prepare for the shot.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Steve-

Like others have mentioned, the single-sided v-bar can be added to counter-act the opposite side weight of cutout window, sight bar, etc...

Or, some like to add a v-bar or offset weight on a side to equalize their tendancies of a natural bow cant to keep it upright and vertical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts