Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a V3 31 today in the new Under Armor camo pattern. At the bow shop, everything looked and felt familiar on the bow. It seemed like a more modern version of my Traverse.
When I got back home, that’s when I noticed the difference. I already knew the draw cycle was smooth but couldn’t tell how well the pin would hold. Like a bench rested .270. What a shooter. Check out one of these if you haven’t already.

Galatians 2:20

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Picked up a V3 31 today in the new Under Armor camo pattern. At the bow shop, everything looked and felt familiar on the bow. It seemed like a more modern version of my Traverse.
When I got back home, that’s when I noticed the difference. I already knew the draw cycle was smooth but couldn’t tell how well the pin would hold. Like a bench rested .270. What a shooter. Check out one of these if you haven’t already.

Galatians 2:20
I love mine
IMG_1797.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Electric Eye
683 Posts
I'm close to pulling the trigger and buying one. I'm suffering from analysis paralysis over what damn finish to get.

I've had a couple of black Halons, a Sub-Alpine Traverse, and currently an Ambush VXR.
I'm thinking either Stone or Black.....with the UA finish being a 3rd. (Longer wait time, and another $75. Haha).

Let me get in this thread before someone posts....."Ma 20-something year old bow will kill an animal the same as these new bows"...…..and...…"It's all marketing".

LOL.

Reactions: kdsberman

·
Registered
191 Posts
Looks great. I need to wait until after the first of the year for my bonus, but it sounds much like an improved vxr which was ready a great bow from what I've heard.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Picked up a 27” today, love it! Only problem with the new camo patterns is I can’t find a matching quiver or stabilizer lol

Reactions: BigZsquatchin

·
Registered
18,685 Posts
I’ll be adding one of those cases when mine arrives. Looked at them long enough. Just a solid, classy looking setup all the way around.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Swapped out the Spot Hogg hunter for a Axcel rheotech hd, and found the matching quiver and stabilizer. I personally love this bow, such an upgrade from my ZXT!!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I fight the urge everyday not to order a new V3 27.
Do it you’ll love it
It’s basically an investment
As long as you baby it and don’t let it get scratched you can sell it at any time in the next 6 months for close to what you paid for it .
Mathews hold their value really well and if you keep it nice someone on here will snag it in the classifieds section

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yep she’s a shooter. Again an improvement over the existing Mathews platform imo. My V3 31 is just a joy to shoot. Minor little details add up. The draw is consistent though out at my draw L and the transition into the valley is better than my Trav. Imo. My biggest take is the long riser and the past parallel limbs seem to help this bow be incredibly stability and balanced at FD. That’s one opinion I’ll argue as fact. It absolutely holds better than my Trav. and wow is the fact it just does. It’s worth checking out for anyone.

·
Un-bannable!
2,034 Posts
Almost looks like a crossbow minus the stock.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did y’all special order y’all’s or just want for them to come in stock at your local shop? Still waiting on mine.

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
8,936 Posts
Did you guys feel like it was the big of a difference over the 28 & 31.5 or just wanted something new?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts