Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
It has been talked about here a few times, but there was an interview with one of the Mathews engineers who says that the V3's prefer a weaker spine than you would think.

If your paper tear is different with the nocturnals either your nock fit is too tight either on the string or between the d loop knots, or that extra 15-20 grains on the back end of the arrow is stiffening it up too much.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Heard the same, never confirmed anywhere. More often I think it's because spine tables/calculators are unclear about how arrow length is measured. If there's 1.5" of steel glued inside shaft that section isn't bending in context of stability that question dynamic spine really is.
If you are referring to confirming the V3 liking a weak spine, here is the video. They talking about spine at the 11:48 mark.

But the spine you are shooting with insert weight, spine, and tip weight should be good. It sounds like the nock fit between the d loop knots is too tight for the nockturnals. I shoot nockturnals out of my V3 with no change in point of impact from my stock nocks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts