Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mathews V3 31/Axcel Rheotech HD/QAD integrate rest/10" Flatline Stabilizer/Hot shot accu-peep
613 Posts
FWIW, I shoot my V3 31 with 27.5” FMJ 5mm and 100gr tips, 460 total gr 340 spine. I’m shooting 70lb mods maxed pulling just over 71lb.
Rest is centered and nock is straight off rest.

·
Registered
Mathews V3 31/Axcel Rheotech HD/QAD integrate rest/10" Flatline Stabilizer/Hot shot accu-peep
613 Posts
Put 100gr out front and see how it does

·
Registered
613 Posts
I say reset your nock point to center and arrow rest as well. Don’t try your super heavy arrow and shoot a 300-340 spine with 100gr out front. Make sure form is good, shoot fletched at 5 yards. How’s it look? Make sure release is perfect. Adjust from there. Get that bullet hole. Then shoot fletched and bare together not through paper. Adjust accordingly. Then shoot fletched and broadhead. Are you close?

·
Registered
613 Posts
What do they weight vs the other ones?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Break down your form? Are you confident in your release, face pressure, etc?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yup. I can say my bow like the 340 @ 70. I’m sure someone more experienced will be by, I’m out of ideas lol

·
Registered
613 Posts
If you are referring to confirming the V3 liking a weak spine, here is the video. They talking about spine at the 11:48 mark.

But the spine you are shooting with insert weight, spine, and tip weight should be good. It sounds like the nock fit between the d loop knots is too tight for the nockturnals. I shoot nockturnals out of my V3 with no change in point of impact from my stock nocks.

Good point, I never thought about that. Pinch from your d loop or tight fitting nock on serving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts