Archery Talk Forum banner

VA boys! Are you ready??

1996 Views 39 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  5MilesBack
Season opens Sat here in VA. I can't wait but I must admit that I'm behind where I should be for the season. Just shot my BH yesterday. The Rage's were spot on but the Spit Fires were grouping to the right about 3" at 40 yards.
Also have two places yet to take a peak at before I go in. :embara:

We're trying to get the house ready to sell so I've been busy with that.:rolleyes:
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Team 32
2,544 Posts
Bo Bob,
If you ever need a hunting buddy in Lynchburg, give me a shout! haha!

You better believe I'm ready. Got a couple days off of work scheduled here and I might possibly take tuesday off as well. I was hoping to get a stand hung this past weekend, but wasn't able to get to it.

Good luck everyone!
Hokie

· Registered
1,228 Posts
only 4 days, 12.5 hrs, and 37seconds til i will be in the woods bow in hand.....not that im keepin count or anything. ive been exttremely ready all summer in every aspect, bow is fine tuned 3 tmies over and is read to eat!!!!!! weather looks good to, low of 48 for the morning, sunny, bit of clouds. im also excited due to the fact this will be thefist yearever that me and my dad will get to hunt openin day together. taking him up to te farm i hunt, hopefully we can get a double......good luck to all my fellow VA boys....shoot straight, aim low, and pin 'em and stick 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer::wink:

· Registered
799 Posts
Ready to roll!!
All stands hung and bow is shooting great.
We picked up another farm this year so we have some new possibilities there.
Good Luck to everybody.

· Registered
1,618 Posts
Finished all the prep work to the farm last weekend and now I'm just keeping busy shooting every evening. Slick tricks are flying okay but my Shuttle T-Locks are flying spot on to 35 yards so I'm feeling very comfortable with them. Peas, wheat and oats are pushing up in the food plots so they should be good in about 3-4 weeks once they start harvesting the rest of the soybeans around me. Looking forward to it and good luck everyone!

· Just beat Terry Club
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finished all the prep work to the farm last weekend and now I'm just keeping busy shooting every evening. Slick tricks are flying okay but my Shuttle T-Locks are flying spot on to 35 yards so I'm feeling very comfortable with them. Peas, wheat and oats are pushing up in the food plots so they should be good in about 3-4 weeks once they start harvesting the rest of the soybeans around me. Looking forward to it and good luck everyone!
Had trouble with my Slicks shooting right as well. Buddy of mine like the Shuttle T's, in fact he's in Illinois with them right now (or at least driving there right now).

· Registered
1,618 Posts
Had trouble with my Slicks shooting right as well. Buddy of mine like the Shuttle T's, in fact he's in Illinois with them right now (or at least driving there right now).
For some reason the Slicks shot well out of my old SBXT but out of my new Elite Aigil they are not flying as well. Don't know if it's just me or what but my Shuttle T's are flying better than before so that's what I'm going with on opening morning. They are a bad head I can tell you from shooting some hogs in Texas with them.

· Just beat Terry Club
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am surely ready.I am ready to let the 80pd Xforce throw a few rage heads..
Can't imagine the KE you get from that bow.

Did you do your power meet yet?? How did you do?

· Breathn
13,012 Posts
ttt

Can't imagine the KE you get from that bow.

Did you do your power meet yet?? How did you do?
the bow is getting 112pd Ke,the lift isnt till last weekend in October.I am still training for it as much as possible but right now I cant do nothing but dream of whitetails.

· Registered
Hoyt Lazertec, Hoyt Powermax
485 Posts
Ready to roll.Working on the 4th.I will be in the woods on 6,7,8th.taking a week of vacation later in oct.and 2 weeks in nov. and 1 week in dec.Stands hung,bow shooting great and freezer ready.Good luck to you all.:darkbeer:

· Just beat Terry Club
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any of you guys in the earn a buck section. The one county I hunt in is. Wish they would put a point restriction on the 2nd buck as well.:rolleyes:

· Registered
1,871 Posts
Any of you guys in the earn a buck section. The one county I hunt in is. Wish they would put a point restriction on the 2nd buck as well.:rolleyes:
I am, my spot is in Loudoun county. Been out once for the early doe season. Too hot. I like the earn a buck and wish they would put a point restriction as well. But I am in the minority on that. Most just want to kill it if it has horns.

· Registered
376 Posts
Oh Yeah!

have some pretty good trees I lined up 2 weeks ago. I plan on doing a walk by on them friday and I will be ready to go. Im off Friday thru Wednesday!
Emporia here i come!

· Just beat Terry Club
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am, my spot is in Loudoun county. Been out once for the early doe season. Too hot. I like the earn a buck and wish they would put a point restriction as well. But I am in the minority on that. Most just want to kill it if it has horns.
Yea, I can't quite understand the need to shoot anythign with horns. If you looking to simply fill a freezer a doe does nicely and it would help thin the does more in this area.
I'm not talking big restrictions either:
2nd buck - at least 3 points on one side.
3rd buck - at least 4 points on one side.

Guys will bulk againist this (some guys any how) but they won't complain when big bucks begin to be taken or seen on the following years.

My $0.02.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.