Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The unit and I are starting to get some ideas for next years vacation in the spring or summer time frame, and for a number of reasons I'd like to go to Montana. We'd like to do outdoor activities like hiking, fishing, and the like. One last piece, preferentially we'd like to stay in a cabin. Can anyone give me some ideas of places to stay since Montana is such a large state? Thanks fellow mutants.

David

·
Registered
156 Posts
Depending on how rustic you want the forest service has cabins all over the state. some are available to rent some are not. You can go to their website to see what ones are available to rent and when. Sorry I don't have the web address.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Look at Libby!! You can stay at the forest service cabins, or at the Mountain Towers!! THe Cabinet Mountain Wilderness is amazing, and loads of places to hike. Leigh lake is beautiful, 90% of the time you will see mountain goats along the trail!! There are some amazing camp areas you can hike in as well. There is also the Kooteni Falls, and the Swining bridge that attract people to our small town!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts