Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys with 06' Allegiance's having this problem. I am shooting blazers and when I knock an arrow it visually looks like it is gonna hit the down cable when its shot. I lined the blazers with lip stick, and got a small amount of lipstick on the cable and some on the rest prong (vapor trail limb driver rest). I was shooting cock vain up. I turned the nock a little and it seems to be clearing fine, but is that common to have contact on the cable with this bow and blazers? Thanks.

The other kinda weird thing, is that before I done the lipstick test, I shot it through paper and was getting perfect beautiful tears from 5 feet to 10 yards. I guess I was thinking that if I was getting some vane contact that it would show up on paper. My cerntershot has been checked and is fine.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I had the same problem when I was trying to use blazers (06 Allegience). I changed the cable slide out for the sims cable slide. It gives you another 1/8" of clearance. I eventually went to a different vane because I couldn't tune the blazers to stop hitting the rest. It hit the side of the rest with cock vane up and the launcher arm when I rotated the nock enough to clear the side of the rest. That was with a Drop Zone. The timing is set on it as good as I can get it. It doesn't come all the way up until the last 1/2". I went to AAE 4" vanes and all is well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am having a similliar problem with my Tribute. I put on Blazers and now I am getting some crazy stuff going on. One time it may group just fine and the next time the arrows are eight to ten inches apart and all over the target. No consistency whatsoever. I must have a contact problem somewhere. I think I am going back to regular Duravanes and see if that cures the problem.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bowhntr1 said:
I am having a similliar problem with my Tribute. I put on Blazers and now I am getting some crazy stuff going on. One time it may group just fine and the next time the arrows are eight to ten inches apart and all over the target. No consistency whatsoever. I must have a contact problem somewhere. I think I am going back to regular Duravanes and see if that cures the problem.

What rest are you using??

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sims cable slide cured my contact issues.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I am using 2" blazers and thus far no problem. I use a NAP 4000 and thus far the only problem I've had is when I busted the prongs of the rest when shooting FOBs. Think I'll stick to the blazers as they offer much better broadhead stability:wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Blazers vs Tribute

I have a Tribute with a cobra diamondback rest. I've had to slightly cant-right the cock feather to get clearance of the cables. Actually I own 2 2006 tributes set-up the same way. I was getting a sporadic flight problem with one because of contact with the rest. With a little adjusting of the rest fixed the problem.
I've read in the forums about the limb driver rest. I'm going to contact BT about their recommendations.

·
Registered
311 Posts
grassblood

For starters I have noticed puting a simms cable slide on causes cam lean so put your stock slide back on and switch to a longer,smaller profile vane.I also have had trouble with drop away rests on "06 bowtechs".Try shooting a cock vane down oriented rest and a smaller profile vane such as flex fletch or arizona and you should be fine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts