Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bow is a Hoyt Carbon Defiant. QAD HDX rest. A guy I know is shooting this bow and runs odd vane out because he uses it as a reference point for his anchor. We’ve tried to time the rest and it helped nothing. The rest centershot is set at 13/16” and is perfectly level. The vane pointing down at an angle is catching the launcher. What can be done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,104 Posts
Turn the vanes so they clear, and find a different reference point would be my fix.
Perfectly level, maybe it needs a bit of a high nock point.

·
Muzzy Tech
729 Posts
Raise nock point or lower rest, should not tune with a flat arrow, may need to check cam timing as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Turn the vanes so they clear, and find a different reference point would be my fix.
I second this. My defiant has clearance issues with blazers. I twisted the nock so i had clearance. Dont worry about your vane being straight up, 12oclock.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Archery Talk forum

·
Hunter of many things
12,136 Posts
Agree^^^, you shouldnt use a vane as an anchor point either. Especially if its making contact with the rest because of it.

Cock vane up and fix the rest timing and you should be fine. If it hits the cables on the Hoyt then turn cock vanes to 11:00 just so it clears.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,336 Posts

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This isn’t my bow, I’m just asking for him. The arrow is nocked with the odd vane out. So one vane points slightly down

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
The bow is a Hoyt Carbon Defiant. QAD HDX rest. A guy I know is shooting this bow and runs odd vane out because he uses it as a reference point for his anchor. We’ve tried to time the rest and it helped nothing. The rest centershot is set at 13/16” and is perfectly level. The vane pointing down at an angle is catching the launcher. What can be done?

must be an old finger shooter.............I would rotate the vane, but I would definitely make sure the rest is in fact timed.......that would be where I would put most of the focus on first .

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Agree^^^, you shouldnt use a vane as an anchor point either. Especially if its making contact with the rest because of it.

Cock vane up and fix the rest timing and you should be fine. If it hits the cables on the Hoyt then turn cock vanes to 11:00 just so it clears.
This^^^

·
Registered
50,431 Posts
This isn’t my bow, I’m just asking for him. The arrow is nocked with the odd vane out. So one vane points slightly down

Understand, but there is good advice here. First his anchor point is too high, second his nock point is probably too low, third and most important his timing of the rest is not correct. If it were he wouldn't get contact.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts