Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19,069 Posts
Took old wide blade screw driver & ground it so it lays on the shaft & peels the vane off just like the zip strip does.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I just soak my arrows in acetone and then peel them off and use a veggie peeler

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
NOOBY
927 Posts
I use the red one handled one, Bohning I think its made by. Its a really good one for me. I also have a razor blade for a bit of clean up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Remove nock, 1 swipe with potato peeler to remove vane, put the shafts in the jar along with acetone for few minutes wipe off residue with paper towel. Repeat if need be. Works great for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a $15 coupon to Lancaster and picked up the Bohning Stripper tool. It works better than the old pocket knife I was using before. I've used the Vane Tec Arrow Smith tool and it was very handy, but too rich for my blood. I could see it being worth it if you did a lot of arrow work, but I don't do enough to justify it. Clean up the leftovers with some acetone after the vanes are off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Much easier with arrow wraps. I like to use a q2i zip strip tool, which peels like a potato after holding them over boiling water.

I wish I was a headlight on a north-bound train

·
Registered
193 Posts
Have been using a pocket knife but a rounded blade should work much better than a flat one. So I ordered the red Bohning tool. I thought of just using one of my carving gouges for the task, but too expensive an item to use for something I don't do that often. But the proper sized wood carving gouge would work really well. For cleanup, I use Motsenbocker's LIFTOFF tape and adhesive remover. This stuff is the best I have ever found for removing glue and adhesives - it if fabulous. It is the only thing I have found that takes off every kind of label glue effortlessly. Works great on removing gunk from my arrow vane residue.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Q2i zip strip is the best Ive found.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51,165 Posts
Bohnning makes an excellent tool. Then wipe clean using acetone.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Q2i $40!!!!!!
Well, I said it was the best, not the cheapest. .
I have 5 shooters in my family, and I make arrows for all my friends. The time and effort it saves me was worth it in the long run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Butter knife - you dont want anything too sharp that will dig or cut into the arrow - the butter knife works perfectly

1 - 20 of 46 Posts