1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
Cool. What is that song thats playing?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I didn't see Blazers or fusions they are a lot stiffer.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
They are only going to use the vane that makes theres look better on there commercial.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
They only show the ones that distort. "A" for effort though.

·
Registered
24,957 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Any one notice the shafts were not spinning?? Can we call BS due to NO spin? I will. I think they are simply "moving" shafts past a lens.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Any one notice the shafts were not spinning?? Can we call BS due to NO spin? I will. I think they are simply "moving" shafts past a lens.
A shaft even with a helical will not spin until it gets out here for aways and the vane will straighten out too.

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
I didn't see Blazers or fusions they are a lot stiffer.
Or Speed hunters or Twisters. I don't think Vanetecs or Predators were in the mix.

My guess is that there wouldn't be much of a difference. My own experience with the current supply of short stiff vanes is that they are pretty much the same. Speed Hunters and Twisters will out spin all of them, but I've found that is not always an advantage, and not necessarily the key to good BH flight.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
A shaft even with a helical will not spin until it gets out here for aways and the vane will straighten out too.
Ill have to say it is the first high speed film of an arrow I didn't see some spin to vanes or feathers.

·
Enjoying Archery
1,185 Posts
Ill have to say it is the first high speed film of an arrow I didn't see some spin to vanes or feathers.
I can see every one of them spinning. How much spin do you expect to see? You are watching an arrow go by a 6" spot at 340 fps. I think you vastly overestimate how much spin your arrows have. If the view were zoomed out further you would be able to see it more easily but if you look closely you can see it.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
The point is that Flex-Fletch vanes don't flutter at high speed................ I don't see any claim to anything else. I have recently purchased a couple of hundred Flash vanes because they are what I'm looking for in a vane. They stick to the shaft as though they are welded, take a beating, don't get distorted from shooting through a whisker biscuit and recover well from being bent out of shape. I use other Flex Fletch vanes for targets and 3D where staying on the shaft and taking a beating is most important.................I speak from personal experience and I'm NOT knocking any other brand. I used other vanes that I was mostly satisfied with before completely making the switch to the Flash vane for hunting. The Flex Fletch vanes will last me at least twice as long as other vanes and though they aren't cheap I spend half as much time re-fletching and sorting out damaged fletch.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
shameless plug ..

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
its not much of a comparison, and why pick on easton everybody knows there vanes are soft... why not do it again and use some quality vanes like vantec, and even feathers

what a farce!

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
I can see every one of them spinning. How much spin do you expect to see? You are watching an arrow go by a 6" spot at 340 fps. I think you vastly overestimate how much spin your arrows have. If the view were zoomed out further you would be able to see it more easily but if you look closely you can see it.
I've thrown this at a couple of threads.

Try shooting into a neutral backstop starting at 4', and backing off at 2' intervals. Note the position of the off colored vane at each shot.

I think you'll get a couple of surprises. The faster the arrow, the farther it goes before spin initiation, no matter which vane you use. You can also use the spin data to determine the rate of spin acceleration, the spin rate max, and the spin at equilibrium, a function of vane offset and velocity. If physics on planet earth are worth anything, you'll get a spin rate of 2-3 thousand rpm, and it will achieve that at 60-90yds. At 10ft, many vanes are on their first full rotation, at 20ft you'll see 1-2 full turns. As a reference, a 2400rpm spin rate = 40rps. An arrow traveling 300fps, will take 0.1 second to go 10yds, and rotate only 4 times, at equilibrium. Some combinations spin faster, but not by much.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I shoot blazer vanes and I am happy with them. Tried another vane to add more spin on my arrow and the arrowed slowed down tremenously at long ranges. Just my two cents however I am know interested in these vanes as well. Cool promotional video

1 - 20 of 21 Posts