Votes: 173 67.3%
  • 4"

Votes: 84 32.7%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to make an old post a little more clear.

I'm getting a dozen pre-fletched Gold Tip XT Hunter arrows. These are going to be mostly for hunting. Right now I'm going to be shooting a Magnus 100gr buzzcut fixed broadhead. I'm pulling 63# at 28" draw length. Should I get the 2" HP (which I believe come on GT arrows) or the 4" ones?

I'm not using FOBs or feathers right now. When the time comes Ill cross that bridge.

Thanks again

CW

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I shoot the 2" Blazers on my GT Pros. I like them better when shooting 3D. They perform better in the wind. I may not be correct on this topic but it feels to me I get better control out of the Blazers in most situations. I shoot Blazers on my hunting set-up and my target set-ups. They both shoot great with fixed broadheads. (Montec G5 100g)

Hunting:

405g Carbon Express Camo Max Hunter @ 29"s w/right helical Blazers. 271 actual fps, limbs set at 69.8 pounds. 66.06 pounds K.E.

Target:

368.8g Gold Tip Pro @ 29"s w/right helical Blazers. 267 actual fps, limbs set at 63 lbs. 58 pounds of K.E.

·
XX78 User
4,937 Posts
Depends on your broadhead selection, but you can't go wrong with the 2in IMO.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
I voted 4"....actually they are 3.125 Quick Spins.

·
Archery Addict
9,251 Posts
2" Vanetec HP

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
4" duravane here!

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
if you have a fixed broadhead and 4 in will stabilize it better. If you shoot mechanicals then 2 in will be fine just remember that the shorter the fletching the taller is will stand off the shaft and that may present fletching clearance problems if not tuned properly.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
To be honest....fletch one arrow with 2" and fletch one with 4" and shoot to see whats going to work the best for you.I've used and still have some 2" but i went back to the 4".....for me the 4" with 6 degree helica is better for controlling fixed bh's.The other may work best for you though.gl

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I use the 4" vanes.I only hunt and it makes them easier to find if I miss.
I have used 2" blazers when I was shooting 3D and hunting.They work just as well for me as the 4" vanes.Again it was a matter of finding an errant arrow.

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
4" with a right helical for me

I like the twisting action I get from the arrow and it seems to stabilize the arrows better imo than a 2" vane. I have tried just about everything out there and always end-up back at 4" vanes.

·
THE BAR Bartender
21,269 Posts
2" on CX Maxima's.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts