Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the titles says , I'm setting up some triple x's for paper. What is everyone's go to for indoor shafts. Thanks alot

Sent from my SM-S115DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I am going to try the bronco vanes by bohning this year. I am very excited because there was a guy in indoor league last year that said they really made a difference for him.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Flex Fletch FFP 300, FFS 310 or SK300

·
Just thwackin' it.
7,433 Posts
The Bohning Zen vanes look pretty sweet too. I saw a shooter running them and he really liked them. All my stuff has feathers and I don't feel like refletching.

·
Back Yard Champion
31,547 Posts
More of personal preference than anything. Tested a ton of vanes one summer and all did what they were supposed to do. X ring accuracy with all back to 30 yards indoors.

Using two different vanes right now. Both Bohning, but 1 3/4" shield cuts (offset) and 4" Impulse (5 grs)(full length helical). Both hit together....
I also used Bohning 2 1/4" Shield cuts with my Bowcore Giants (.414" diameter). They did great...

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
Second the Zen vane from Bohning.

·
Back Yard Champion
31,547 Posts
I've a old NFAA Archery magazine. The very front cover has the Vegas wall and every kind and type of vane showing on the mass of arrows. I've seen 1" long feathers on 2712s. 4" vanes and feathers aren't rare...

Years ago I made up a couple arrows. Okay, worked at a archery and got do and try anything I wanted. Both these arrows proved X ring accurate back to 30 yards.

Those feathers are Bitz clamp length. Dropped like a brick shooting from 30 yards, but still accurate..

Hood Brush Wood Line Rectangle

And it isn't just vanes. It's bow tune. I've tore off one vane several times to prove my point. 20 yards. Farther and the arrow began to misbehave. Still hit the 5 from 25 yards.

Automotive tire Wheel Tire Plant Rim
Gas Recreation Circle Font Composite material

1 - 11 of 11 Posts