Archery Talk Forum banner

Vanes hitting cable/cable slide question

219 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  bowJACKer
Ok guys, fairly new to archery and have a question for y’all.
The other day I noticed that my cable slide was rotating inward toward my arrow after every couple shots causing the cable itself to touch the arrows vanes when an arrow was nocked. I started having to rotate my nock to where the odd vane was out as apposed to up(I’m shooting a biscuit rest)
I also rotated my cable slide out to the right a little bit to gain a little vane clearance, but it still only clears when the odd vane is out. If I nock an arrow with odd vane up, the right hand vane still barely touches my cable.
My question is, at how much of an angle can I rotate my cable slide before it’s too much? Whenever I rotate it, it pulls the cable to the right and seems like if it pulls the cable too much it could have a negative effect on the cable or possibly other parts of the bow.
If I can safely get the cable pulled to the right enough to get enough vane clearance with my odd vane up, I’ll use some blue thread locker and hopefully correct the issue for good.

Thanks, and sorry if this was too confusing. I tried to explain the situation the best I could.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,464 Posts
Ok guys, fairly new to archery and have a question for y’all.
The other day I noticed that my cable slide was rotating inward toward my arrow after every couple shots causing the cable itself to touch the arrows vanes when an arrow was nocked. I started having to rotate my nock to where the odd vane was out as apposed to up(I’m shooting a biscuit rest)
I also rotated my cable slide out to the right a little bit to gain a little vane clearance, but it still only clears when the odd vane is out. If I nock an arrow with odd vane up, the right hand vane still barely touches my cable.
My question is, at how much of an angle can I rotate my cable slide before it’s too much? Whenever I rotate it, it pulls the cable to the right and seems like if it pulls the cable too much it could have a negative effect on the cable or possibly other parts of the bow.
If I can safely get the cable pulled to the right enough to get enough vane clearance with my odd vane up, I’ll use some blue thread locker and hopefully correct the issue for good.

Thanks, and sorry if this was too confusing. I tried to explain the situation the best I could.
i would add some pictures of you can, it would help a lot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.