Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had a problem with their fletching adhering to Carbon Tech Whitetail XP's? I have used CT panthers and don't remember having a problem with the fletching staying on, but these whitetail xp's are another story. The blazers seem to adhere properly but after a while they come off pretty easy. I don't know if I have to rough them up or what. Any good advice?

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
It more then likely isn't the arrow.....it's either too much glue or the Blazers. Lot's of people have had problems with Blazers.

But I never had any problems with the Whitetail....heck I have some that have gone through a wall and sunk into my target about 50 times and the vanes are still on them :eek: But I use Flex Fletch :wink:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always used blazers and Goat Tuff. Well when this problem came up I emailed bohning. They were great they sent me some new blazers and a tube of their glue. I tried what they told me to do and I'm still having the same problem. Maybe I'll have to switch to a different vane because in the past my blazers never fell off. I don't know if they changed them or what but I'm getting upset. Every other time I shoot at least one arrow loses the blazers. I have tried less glue, longer clamp time, and different arrow prep. I just think its obscure that I never had the problem for years and now its a regular pain in the rear.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Which jig are you using? Which glue did bohning send you? I have used their Quantum XP glue in the past and really liked goat tuff a lot more...but I have definately noticed with Goat Tuff that less is definately more.

That being said, I've got some 2" fusions laying around if you want to try them (they do really seem conform to the shaft better than blazers).

Also, when you get a chance, send me a PM with with some of the details for Nov.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
you need to prep properly
wet a paper towel with alcohol "its like a doller at the drug store"
wash the area to be fletched , dry it with a clean one
scotch brite the area" plastic pot scrubber "
wash and dry again
now you are ready to fletch arrow
adhesion is my busines been in the collision industry since "84
hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts