Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to keep my vanes from wrinkling up so quick? Or does this mean i just have alot of interference with my rest?

I use to shoot 4" straight vanes through my TM Hunter rest. Now I am shooting 5" Helical vanes through it. My questions is should i just keep rotating my nock, while doing a powder test to see which way has little interference? Any ides appreciated.

Also i remember a thread about getting the wrinkles out of the vanes?????? Is this possible????

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Heat Issue

I just swapped from feathers to vanes. My pro shop owner told me to make sure I do not keep the arrows in the heat(i.e. car all day) as the vanes my receive damage. Remember on a 90 degree day the tempature inside a vehicle can double......Tim

·
ArcheryLessonsOnline.com
2,013 Posts
why kind of vanes are you using? Also, try 4" with a slight offset rather than a helical. Hard to get any rest clearance with a helical vane. Try flex fletch vanes.

ADam G

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
If your vanes are getting "wrinkled", then you have a contact issue with the rest. Verify your nock positioning and make sure you have clearance through the rest.

Remember the first few feet of travel, your arrow will not spin. i.e. it goes through the rest straight. So align your nocks such that the vanes can pass through clear visually.

You may also need to space your prongs more to allow for better clearance.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys all good info. Im commited to th 5" vanes since i went ahead and had a entire dozen done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts