Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically what the title says. Wanted to know your thoughts as on these two vanes for hunting applications.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never messed with them but curious to know how they feel compared to the AAE.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Vanetec all day....so much easlier to glue and same specs
Also a ton cheaper, buy with confidence had both

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Gonna be a -1 on the Vanetec. Got a pack of the Vmax and the HD and both had what I would call remnants from the cut hanging on the edges. Little slivers of loose material that are left over from the cut edge. Called VaneTec and basically was told to take a Xacto knife and run it gently down the edge and that stuff will come off. They were right, but who wants to do that? Goes to quality or rather lack there of. I hated to do it but I switched to Flex Fletch. About twice the cost but a really nice vane. Not completely sold on them either but so far they are better than the VaneTec.

·
Hunter of many things
12,113 Posts
I have some regular vantec vanes and didnt care from them. I have a few different AAE max vanes now and I like the stiffer vane. I also have the EP-26 which is the same size as the maxx stealth only a bit lighter and they fly great. Im shooting fixed heads and field tips out to 50yds no problem.

One thing to know is that AAE recommends the primer pen for all maxx vanes and I will tell you it makes a difference. I even use the max blond glue and they dont stick the same without the pen. So some extra cost there but its worth it to me, especially since I use wraps also.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ppkaprince98, can you elaborate on why you didn't care for them? Were they mainly not as stiff as the AAE Max vanes? Also how do the EP-26 compare to the Max Stealth vanes? I am wanting a higher FOC and that is the reason for this thread. my arrows are 32" and i have long wraps and vanes (preferred to help stiffen up the spine) for my bow set up.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Hey fred for 15 bucks you can try all 3 ep26 max stealth and vanetec pm me theres over 100 vanes

Attachments

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just came back from the shop with both Max stealth and VaneTec to try out. Thank you though.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I have a bunch of flo pink and flo yellow max stealth’s if anyone’s interested I’ll oractically give them away for small cost.. pm me if interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts