Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a new hunting bow wondering which of these two is most like the bowtech general as far noise at the shot and if anybody has any speed numbers with either one at 29.5 inch draw and around 400 grain arrow

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I love my Vanquish and am sure the Z-28 is an awsome bow too. But, I can only speak for the Vanquish! Best bow I have owned to date. Smooth draw, fast, best back wall, can hold all day, no vibration and did I say fast for a 7 11/16 Brace Height.

MINE IS: 29" dl, 65lb'er (back out 1/2 turn) so probably 64lbs., 1/4" Red Eye Peep (11GR.), Two Tied Nocks and D-Loop.

398gr. arrow: 296fps.
369gr. arrow: 305fps.
346gr. arrow: 316fps.

·
Registered
11,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vanquish

gotta say those are some great numbers for an almost 8 inch brace height bow i ave shot the sr-71 and infinity how does the draw and shot compare to those two

·
Registered
236 Posts
I Agree

I agree with RSLSCOBRA, my Vanquish is the exact same set-up as his and I am shooting a 460 grain FMJ 340 @ 282! Talk about kinetic energy. My Vanquish IS the quietest bow I have ever owned. I have owned 2 Z28's and they are so sweet too and ultra-quiet. But my Vanquish takes the cake. Get one and you will be amazed.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Well, I did not shoot the SR71, but did order one anyway. I did however shot the Infinity, but in the wrong DL..1"...longer. It felt great too.

I bought my Vanquish used, so that is way I bought the SR-71. I'll have the best of both worlds now (Hunting / Speed). But, if I had to just buy one...I think I like the Vanquish better then the Infinity so far. Don't know if I'll like it better then the SR until it gets here, which should be soon I hope. You won't go wrong with either one you buy. You know I've had my Vanquish far a little while now and only got to shot the Infinity about 10 times, so I may be a little bias in my opinion. They are all great!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
olemil4me these aret he exact same 2 bows I am looking at!

Specs:

Elite Z-28:

Axle to Axle 32 1/2"
Brace 7 3/4"
Draw Length 27" - 30"
Draw Weight 60 - 90 lbs
Mass Weight 4.0 lbs
IBO Speed 316 - 320 FPS

Strother Vanquish:

Axle to Axle 31 3/16"
Brace 7 11/16"
Draw Length 27" - 30"
Draw Weight 40 - 80 lbs
Mass Weight 4.1 lbs
IBO Speed up to 333 FPS

I have shot a Z-28 but have not shot the Vanquish. From the specs it looks like the Vanquish will be an avg of 5-10 fps faster than the Z. I am sure the Vanquish will draw a tad more stiff than the Z to obtain this though. I like the grip on both brands very much but find the SA grip a little more comfy. I do know that the shelf on the Z makes using a QAD HD a little rough but is a no issue on the SA but I use a RipCord and herd that it sets much better on the Z shelf than a QAD. Both are offering a sweet camo that will be ideal for winter hunting, Ap Snow on the Z (order before Aug 1st) and Predator on the Vanquish. The Z draws so easy and smooth(even though the one I shoot is 2" too big for me)! I thought typing this out would help me decide and give you some insight but all I managed to do is confuse myself even more. LOL!

Good Luck on your choice! I don't think you can go wrong with either bow IMHO! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Good Luck on your choice! I don't think you can go wrong with either bow IMHO!

That being said, I would lean toward the Z

Longer track record

That warranty has serious value

10 fps has no serious value.

I know it is not on your list but a used Allegiance is still the best bang for the buck.

IMHO

Agian, good luck

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
how can you ask a question like this and not add a poll to the thread?

·
Registered
11,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
info

thakns for all the info guys i have drawn a z and it did draw sweet and there warranty adds value i tell you i always have a tuff time deciding i geuss this is a good problem that there are so many good bow companys out there now a days and i agree i should have added a poll but did not think about it so has anybody that has shot these bows know how they compare to the general as far as noise and hand shock i would also consider the admiral but i really want to try elite or strothers keep the info coming and give me some more real world speed numbers
thanks dave

·
Registered
312 Posts
QAD and z28.

I know some people have had issues with a QAD on their z28, but I have a 2010 z28 and a QAD ultra rest and have no problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts