Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished reading an article on www.hoyt.com where cousins took the alphamax35 to the worlds and during the article he keeps talking about whether he would take the alphamax or the ultraelite 3500. He shot the Vantage Elite in Vegas. Similarly, I just watched on YouTube the Worlds watch Reo win, and he is shooting a Ultra Elite - not his Vantage Elite .... I know also Pat Cooglan (sp?) the aussie shooter went back to his Ultra Elite also.

I love my Vantage Elite - wondering why others may not be .... comments?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hmm, haven't heard that yet. I'll have to get on the hoyt site myself and read the article. I absolutely love my vantage elite. I wish i could afford to get another one. I shoot mine for 3d and indoors and don't have a single complaint.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
I would say that the Ultra shoots bette. If the duys that can have them any way that they want them shot them and changed back it tells me that the ultra's shoot better. they werent shooting them at Nationals either.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
I think a lot of those guys prefer the Ultra Elite for outdoor or long distance shooting over any other bow on the Hoyt line.

At twenty yards those particular pros could probably get comfortable with about anything but at 90M or 80 yards....its gotta be perfect in every way, I think the Ultra Elite fits the bill there.

Speed might play a factor as well.

·
--------------
1,824 Posts
Newer isn't always better :D but sometimes it is. Depends on the person.

If one thing was best everybody then we wouldn't have many bow manufacturers.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I will tell you why I'm shooting the ultra outdoors is it shoot my outdoor arrows the best. I will also tell you that I wish my ultra aimed as good as my vantage. These are things I looked at that made my desition. There is nothing wrong with the vantage I think I will be shooting it again this indoor season. The big part that is missed is almost all the fita world records were broke this year and they were done with the vantage. So it is just a mater of what you like and feel good about shooting. Hope this helps Ya and sorry for the bad typing did it on my phone.

Reo

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I will tell you why I'm shooting the ultra outdoors is it shoot my outdoor arrows the best. I will also tell you that I wish my ultra aimed as good as my vantage. These are things I looked at that made my desition. There is nothing wrong with the vantage I think I will be shooting it again this indoor season. The big part that is missed is almost all the fita world records were broke this year and they were done with the vantage. So it is just a mater of what you like and feel good about shooting. Hope this helps Ya and sorry for the bad typing did it on my phone.

Reo
like speed wise it shoots a better flying arrow?

·
Registered
404 Posts

Reo
Hey Mr.Wilde,

If you don't mind me asking, what is the length of your stabilizers and how heavy are they?

Archie

·
Registered
613 Posts
The bow just tuned and grouped better with the outdoor arrow setup I had used for the past few years. My Stabilizer is 31 inch with 16 one once weights my side bar is 10 inch with 14 one once weights on the side.

Reo Wilde

1 - 12 of 12 Posts