Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,088 Posts
I picked mine up Saturday and with a 306 grain arrow at 60lbs. and 28" it chronod at 284 feet per second. That is with no tuning or checking the cam timing. I put a rest, sight peep and loop and got it sighted in and then checked the speed. I usually will put a couple hundred shots on it before the fine tuning comes in.

· Registered
557 Posts
286 fps with 361 gr arrow with 60lb limbs (62-64lbs on 3 different scales), 29" VE, spiral cams, d-loop, 1/4" Fletcher peep, both string silencers, full draw timed, otherwise as received from Hoyt w/limb bolts bottomed minus 1/4 turn.
292 fps same arrow a couple days later w/different chrono.

· CottonHeadedNinnyMuggins
1,269 Posts
My bow maxes at 52 lbs and shot a 300 grain Hyperspeed at 299-300 fps.

· Registered
1,790 Posts
I'm getting exactly 280fps at 50#/29" with 310gr Lightspeeds. Just right for 3D. :wink:
With my 375gr A/C Navigators, I'm getting 255fps, which is pretty darn good.

· Registered
458 Posts
i have a week and a half before i get mine i ordered it with spiral x cams and 60 lbs and 27.5 draw from the sounds of things its going to be the fastest bow i have have shot for 3d..........i wish it would just get here already haha

· Maaaaaahh......THWACK!
Darton, Conquest, Black Eagle
2,863 Posts
I have a Vantage Pro

I picked mine up Saturday and with a 306 grain arrow at 60lbs. and 28" it chronod at 284 feet per second. That is with no tuning or checking the cam timing. I put a rest, sight peep and loop and got it sighted in and then checked the speed. I usually will put a couple hundred shots on it before the fine tuning comes in.
I have the same set up, 60# 28" and I am getiing almost exactly the same speed. I have a BowTurbow on it and am getting a little more now, however this bow is plenty fast.
When I first got mine I set it up @ 60#'s and was shooting a Cobalt 2212 that weighted in at 350, and it shot 281. Which is faster than the post above. Don't know why, however @ 27" you could shoot several different arrrows that are avialable and get planty of speed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.