Archery Talk Forum banner

Vantage Elite & Vantage Pro

1088 Views 13 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  cath8r
Thinking about a getting a new target bow. Can some one explain to me the difference between the Vantage Elite & the Vantage Pro. The specs seem to be identical. Thanks in advance!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Help!

Can anyone tell me how to find threads I started yesterday? I had questions on them and needed to read the answers today, but cannot find them....we are brand new here...just joined yesterday morning....thanks.

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts
VE $1400 new
VP $much less

VP has grip biased opposite of hand (ie if your right handed the grip CL is biased a touch L for some reason and the VE is straight down CL of riser)

· Registered
1,326 Posts
The Vantage series of bows are great. The elite has a shoot through riser which will stiffen up the riser a little bit. the Vantage Pro doesnt have the Shoot througt technology but it does have a string stopper. Both bows can have either the normal cam and a half or the Spiral X cam which is very popular. Both are great bows and will shoot great. the Elite is quite a bit more expensive than the Pro. I have friends that shoot both of them and neither have complaints about either one. If you are not worried about the money I would go with the Elite with spiral cams..

· Registered
2,910 Posts
Hoyt Vantage Pro.

I have the 09 Vantage pro. The big diff.is the shoot through riser.Heavier too.I like my vantage pro just fine.Shoots great.I went from an Oasis target to this one,and the big diff for me was the size of the handle.Fron gorilla grip to dainty.But it is fine now.Love it.

· Registered
34,533 Posts
I have the 09 Vantage pro. The big diff.is the shoot through riser.Heavier too.I like my vantage pro just fine.Shoots great.I went from an Oasis target to this one,and the big diff for me was the size of the handle.Fron gorilla grip to dainty.But it is fine now.Love it.
The Elite versions are not heavier....well they are but one is around 4.6 lbs the other is 4.7 lbs or so.

Hoyt's website and catalog state the same thing.:wink:

· Registered
175 Posts
Totally worth the extra money.

You can deffinately feel the stiffness of the risor after the shot. The bow reacts different than all other bows I've shot. It also holds MUCH steadier. The Vantage Elite is by far the most stable, accurate shooting bow I've ever used.

· Registered
9,673 Posts
The Pro, at least the one I fiddled with, had a weird angle machined on the thumb side of the grip. My VE is machined straight. With the Pro, the grip was machined at an angle, narrow at the grip and widening as it went forward. I didn't notice it while shooting, but noticed it when I looked at it.

· Registered
3,878 Posts
Vantage Pro is a sweet bow. I'd shoot one in a heartbeat if I didn't own other bows!

I'd go Spiral X but the C2 is very nice too. You can't go wrong!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.