Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i now shoot a mathews ld at 28 inch i hear i should order 28 1/2 in v/e any idea???

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Hoyts pull about 1/4" long compared to Mathews who pull 5/8" to 3/4" long. The info you were given is correct.

·
C:\My Documents\My Pictur
23,094 Posts
Why not measure by Tru Draw. :) to compare.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Just got my VE yesterday!!! I shot my Bowtechs at 32" and on the VE I shoot a 31 1/2, but it is on the cam 1/2 if that matters.

·
ArcheryLessonsOnline.com
2,013 Posts
ok i now shoot a mathews ld at 28 inch i hear i should order 28 1/2 in v/e any idea???
Sounds right to me if you are talking about a Drenalin LD.... 28.5" Vantage with Spirals will run 28.75". I suspect your LD is 5/8 -3/4" long making it 28.75ish as well.

-Adam

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Well, I just switched from an apex to a vantage elite. I shot my apex at 28.25 I think I need to go with a 28 inch cam on my ve. I have it set at 28.25, I think it is the grip angle difference??? These are all true measurements. From the inside of the deepest part of the grip to the string + 1.75

·
C:\My Documents\My Pictur
23,094 Posts
Well, I just switched from an apex to a vantage elite. I shot my apex at 28.25 I think I need to go with a 28 inch cam on my ve. I have it set at 28.25, I think it is the grip angle difference??? These are all true measurements. From the inside of the deepest part of the grip to the string + 1.75
Do they seem to be more of a medium bow grip. :)

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I think the grip angle on the apex is 18 degrees and the v. elite is 16 degrees. I have it written down somewhere. They say that can have an affect on your draw length.

·
ArcheryLessonsOnline.com
2,013 Posts
I think the grip angle on the apex is 18 degrees and the v. elite is 16 degrees. I have it written down somewhere. They say that can have an affect on your draw length.
Yes, it will since your pressure point should be directly in front of the radius bone which is lower than the throat of the grip. Less grip angle is going to make the bow feel shorter.

-Adam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts