Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried some Vantec for the first time and am having issues with getting them to stick. I am using wraps, AAE fastset glue, and a fair amount of right helical and can't figure out why they won't stick. I had problems with Blazers before, but once I started using wraps that problem dissapeared. It just seems like the glue isn't adhering with the vanes at all, as when they fall off 99% of the glue is on the wrap and not the vanes. Should I possibly clean these vanes with acetone first or any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I dont use wraps on any arrows but do use the vanetec 1.8" and have never had a problem with any of them not sticking, i have used several types of glue before and all work but i like goat tuff the best and it is what i have been using for the past 6 months

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
you shouldn't clean with acetone before using a superglue type glue...

never had problems with the vanetecs here...about to put somer more on with wraps tomorrow...

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
I found that Vanetecs didn't stick any better than the FlexFletch that everyone seems to hate for difficulty to stick.

I wipe each and every vane base I use with denatured alcohol, as well as the wrap or arrow. I then never have an issue with them sticking.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
I'm not afraid...LOL... white and flour. green gave me fits. Unfortunately those are the two colors I use for my hunting arrows. The price of the Vanetecs make it worth it still.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I started using vanetec this year (purple and white) and used regular old fletchtite with no problems, and I feel they have just as good memory as flexfletch for a lot less money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts