Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas

Need a little insight. Made the full transition down to 65# limbs. Unfortunately my tried and true Easton Carbon Injexions .330 with 55grain Titanium Outserts are just a little too heavy.

I’ve narrowed it down to these two. Both can accept and will be doing the Easton 55gr Titanium Outserts. I have a ton lying around and absolutely love them.

VAP TKO Elite .350
or
Goldtip Pierce Platniums .340 with out the collar.

I was a past dealer for Goldtip but I have been out of the game for sometime. I do recall Goldtip was insanely durable for carbon shafts but their tolerances and consistency was questionable. I know very little about VAP, seems they are pretty good however. Main difference I see is price. Has Goldtip got any better on tolerances? Main thing I am asking is quality. Both GPI’s and specs will work perfect for my set up. Just wondering are the VAPS worth the extra $$ or are the Goldtips perfectly fine?

Thanks for the insight. These are the final two I am considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Tolerences on the Victory arrows I have tester were much better than Gold Tips in general. What will you be doing with these arrows, and what is "too heavy" I would give a serious look at Easton Hexx (best hunting arrow I have tested), even without knowing your specs.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Hey fellas

Need a little insight. Made the full transition down to 65# limbs. Unfortunately my tried and true Easton Carbon Injexions .330 with 55grain Titanium Outserts are just a little too heavy.

I’ve narrowed it down to these two. Both can accept and will be doing the Easton 55gr Titanium Outserts. I have a ton lying around and absolutely love them.

VAP TKO Elite .350
or
Goldtip Pierce Platniums .340 with out the collar.

I was a past dealer for Goldtip but I have been out of the game for sometime. I do recall Goldtip was insanely durable for carbon shafts but their tolerances and consistency was questionable. I know very little about VAP, seems they are pretty good however. Main difference I see is price. Has Goldtip got any better on tolerances? Main thing I am asking is quality. Both GPI’s and specs will work perfect for my set up. Just wondering are the VAPS worth the extra $$ or are the Goldtips perfectly fine?

Thanks for the insight. These are the final two I am considering.

I think GTs system is better, I think the arrows are pretty equal, but I think Victory sorts their arrows much better than Gold Tip.

The best option would be to use GTs system on a dozen matched Victory shafts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can’t speak for the platinums, but I’ve been shooting Goldtip Hunter XT’s 300’s for nearly a year, first with a Vertix pulling 73lbs, and currently with a Prime Rize at 65lbs. Both bows really like that spine, when using Carbon Express Maxima 350’s, I was getting really bad nock left through paper, even though the spine was correct according to Carbon Express based on the arrow length and bow poundage. What overall grain weight are your current arrows, mine are 425 w/100grain tip

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Tolerences on the Victory arrows I have tester were much better than Gold Tips in general. What will you be doing with these arrows, and what is "too heavy" I would give a serious look at Easton Hexx (best hunting arrow I have tested), even without knowing your specs.
I wish I would have bought HexX shafts back when I bought the 6.5 Match Grades. I was lured by the $85/dozen and Made in USA. Not very impressed with the relabeled Bemans.

Next time it'll be between Victory V Force TKO and the Hexx. Probably stick with Victory because I like using 3D S Nocks over the nocks in the Hexx.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I’ve been shooting VAP Elites in 2020 and just bought some VAP TKOs. They shoot well for me and are pretty tough. Never shot the Pierce so no opinion there.

·
Registered
51,095 Posts
Personal preference. Mine being GT over Victory. But for the price of the pierce I would do Easton ACC better than both of them.

·
Hunter of many things
12,154 Posts
Ive shot both and victory has the better tolerance so if you want the .001 tolerance buy the Victory. I you want a tough .003 arrow get the GT.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree with the earlier post that Victory sorts their arrows way better. If you pay for the .001 straightness with Victory you get 12 great shafts. Gold Tip always seems to have 2 or 3 out of the dozen that wobble.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I shoot the VAP RIP. They are much better. I would randomly get a gold tip that would never ever ever group with the others.

·
Full Time Novice
7,342 Posts
I like the Victory more then gold tips. gold tips are also really dirty I get carbon all on my hands from cutting. Consistency between 1/2 dozen and full dozen are better on the victory’s as well in my opinion

·
Registered
Jim Beam Apple, Mathews, Jim Beam Apple
2,026 Posts
I also agree Victories have better tolerances than the GT, but i think its a slight difference. Even though my VF TKO elites's have a slightly better tolerance in diameter and straightness than my GT Airstrikes, the GT i found won in the spine tolerance. As far as durability, so far GT wins. I've only broke one TKO but i have not broke any GT's. Now the accuracy goes to the Airstrikes by a slight margin. I really like em both but overall i like the GT better and honestly I didnt want to .....lol
Pottergreg and Ingo mentioned the Hexx. I used to shoot the DaTorch which is the same thing. Those are awesome arrows. Their tolerances were better than my GT and my Victories. I never broke one in 4 years and very accurate. I switched from them for only reason i wanted to try something new.
Out of the 3, i shoot the GT the best. Though all 3 were set up different.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts