Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a new Pro V rest and I've never installed a limb driven rest. So I went to YouTube and followed the instructions given, but I don't think I put the limb pad far back enough on my limb. When I get to full draw, the rest isn't up all the way. What should I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
990 Posts
Move the limb pad towards your limb tip to the point where your rest is fully up.

·
Registered
18,394 Posts
Is there still tension on the rest string? It also has a adjustable spring tension for the arm that supports the arrow...pm ears here he will line you up if you don’t figure it out!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I think that the video I was watching was Ears. He was on a Hoyt and I have a Bowtech reign. I just figured it would be fine in the same spot. I just took off the limb pad and found some super glue and moved it back another inch. That seems to have fixed it. Just have an ugly spot on the bottom of the limb from the original glue of the limb pad. Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Shouldn’t need superglue, I don’t even peel the adhesive off my pads. The adhesive from original pad should come off no problem.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I set the spring just a touch heavier than is needed to raise the arrow. Then, I loop my string over the limb and tape it, draw the bow to see if it raises fully. If not, I move it a bit to the limb tip, tape it, and draw again. I want to find the spot where it just reaches full draw. Attach the pad here and tune.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you change the spring? Is it the Allen screw that's in the housing with the "V" on it?

·
Registered
892 Posts
How do you change the spring? Is it the Allen screw that's in the housing with the "V" on it?

I haven’t done it, but yes loosen that allen screw and turn that knob that the logo is on. Im assuming clockwise.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Fat boy is correct before to attach your string to the limb loosen the set screw tighen clockwise and depress the arrow down and release it make sure it returns to your set arrow height.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts