Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had vapor trail string put on my Hoyt Powertec, and man is it noticeably louder. I've tried everything, all accesories are tight, adjusted string leeches, and moved alpha shox up and down. I guess I just need to get in touch with Jarrod. Any other advice?

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Louder than what? Is it made out of the same material as your last string? Is it the same number of strands? If you go to fewer strands and faster material, you will get more noise. Do you have the string "shot in" yet?

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good question, it replaced the Hoyt string. It's their VTX string. Ran it through the chrono, and it shot 249fps, with the Hoyt string,and 251fps, with the vapor trail. That was after a few shots at the pro shop. It didnt seem that loud at the shop. I've got around 100-125 shots through the string. This evening outside, is where I really heard how loud it was.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
If you have that many shots through it, it is time to re-check the specs and timing. If the VT is faster, then it is going to be louder to a point. I would check the specs and timing and see if the string has settled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts