Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Banned
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to order new strings tommorrow for my Parker Blackhawk. I need to make a final decision between Vapor Trail or the stock Stone Mountain Dakota strings. These are my two choices. I have heard mixed reviews about Vapor Trail on here due to serving seperation. The Parker Blackhawk has an aggressive cam that wears out buss cable serving, so I need a string that is durable. Thanks for your help.

· Registered
32 Posts
I wouldn't put on the stone mountain strings if they gave them to me. The factory one's on my Blackhawk stretched close to an inch. Put on Vapor trails and haven't had a problem with stretch or string bite from cam. Seem to pick up some speed also but that may be from bow spec tweaks after new strings.

· Registered
8,117 Posts
I need to order new strings tommorrow for my Parker Blackhawk. I need to make a final decision between Vapor Trail or the stock Stone Mountain Dakota strings. These are my two choices. I have heard mixed reviews about Vapor Trail on here due to serving seperation. The Parker Blackhawk has an aggressive cam that wears out buss cable serving, so I need a string that is durable. Thanks for your help.
VaporTrail makes a good string, customer service is great, turn around time is super quick, etc... However, I could not for the life of me get a small amount of peep twist out. :(

My last set was 452X from BUCKNASTY will all halo serving and I know what I will use from now on! VaporTrail is good, but Bucknasty is EXCELLENT!

· Team #28
5,838 Posts
Do not hesitate on the Vapor Trails. Excellent strings with excellent quality. Fast shipping and excellent customer service. I have used them many times in the past.

· Registered
1,586 Posts
I just picked up my second set of vapor trails yesterday!

· Banned
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems the win is going to Vapor Trail. I am thinking gray and medium brown for the Next G1 cammo pattern of the Parker Blackhawk.

· Registered
3,588 Posts
+1

Do not hesitate on the Vapor Trails. Excellent strings with excellent quality. Fast shipping and excellent customer service. I have used them many times in the past.
VT are as good as they get!!!

· Time for Spots to die
2,096 Posts
I now shoot Vapor Trails and love them. They are high quality, fast service, and no peep rotations.

I shot Stone Mountain strings for four years and have to say they are as good a string as any other.

However, the Vapor Trail strings so fit my needs better now.

Arrow

· Registered
787 Posts
I have a set of Stone Mountian Dakota strings on my target bow I put on last winter and I shoot 3 to 4 hours a night, they look great, and looks like I will get another winter out of them.

· Registered
8,473 Posts
VT makes great strings. I wont shoot anything but Strings by Breathn on here. Cant be the quality, CS and price. Plus he uses halo serving as well. Good luck. On the color Id go with Buckskin or tan in combination with Mountain berry on that bow.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.