Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some good quality Carbon arrows, that will not make me go broke if I lose some shooting varmints.

I currently shoot Gold Tip XT - 5575, so I am looking for something comparible, but much cheaper.

Any suggestions??

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Maybe the Gold tip Expeditions 5575 since your already shooting Gold Tip, or beman ICS hunter 400.

·
Registered
305 Posts
When I needed some cheap carbons for Flu Flu arrows for grouse hunting, I went to my local shop and bought Easton PowerFlights for $4 each - that was last year. I went back a few weeks ago to get more and they are up to $7 a shaft now.

More than adequate enough for grouse and gophers.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Gold tip

I shoot gold tip expedition hunters for varmints such as ground hogs and all small game. The nice thing bout gold tip is all there hunters series arrows weigh the exact same just the more you pay the lower tolerances for variations there are. So while I shoot pro hunters for all big game sometimes xt hunters when im low on cash, I can practice with expedition hunters and not have to worry bout loosing my $10 arrows (expeditions are only $5), also not have to change my setup at all.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
After tagging along with a buddy last year shooting prairie dogs, I was pretty impressed with the Easton Axis. No, they aren't cheap. But they stood up to all kinds of abuse - including rocks - without a problem. Heads didn't hold up real well, but the shafts are really tough.

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Go to the general section .Trophy Ridge is giving away free arrows .You cant beat free 2 arrows .

·
Arrow-minded Conservative
3,277 Posts
Cabelas Stalker Extreme

Cabelas Stalker Extreme or MonsterBucks from Dick's.

·
Registered
976 Posts
cabelas stalkers. or exp hunters. i would just buy a bunch of junk arrows of ebay though and let em fly. thats what im doin for turkey. no sense in breakin a 12 dollar arrow over a turkey or yote

1 - 9 of 9 Posts