Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Wishing it was elk season
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see some really good deals for the Vectric around here. How does it compare to the Katera?

· Registered
1,723 Posts
I had a Vectrix and thought it was awesome. I got an AM35 which is slightly faster and slightly quieter but for the deals you can get on a Vectrix you ought to think about it.

I've never shot the Katera but I know it's faster.

· Wishing it was elk season
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is the IBO speed on the Vectrix noy the XL.....What I have found around it is 315 or so does that sound right?

· Work to Live Live to Hunt
321 Posts
I have both in the XL version. Personally I like the Vector Cam on the Vectrix a little more. It's not as fast, like 308fps @ 67lbs :confused:. I just like the way it feels a bit more, touch smoother

That being said if you can save $150+ on a Vectrix over a Katera as you can on here I would go for it.

just my $.02

· Registered
482 Posts
What is the IBO speed on the Vectrix noy the XL.....What I have found around it is 315 or so does that sound right?

You are correct on the Vectrix IBO. The Katera IBO is 330 but you are giving back an inch of Brace height because it only has 6" versus 7" for the vectrix. My vectrix at 29" 70lbs. shoots a 400 gr axis at 290 fps which is plenty fast. This speed is with Limbsaver leeches, peep, and loop. I also have 4 cable leeches so this is a hunt ready set-up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.