Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys that have shot both give me your .02 on the Trykon vs Vectrix.
I'm looking at buying one or the other (maybe) but just want some opinions.

Any guidance is appreciated. I'm sure they are both good rigs, but I'm just looking to get some feedback.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I own and have shot a Trykon XL for 2 years but recently out grew it.
I loved it, no problems at all ever.
I tried a friends Vectrix and it felt pretty much the same, cams were different so draw cycle etc were a bit different but other than that it held + felt the same.
Try both + choose the Cam u prefer =]

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Both bows are great shooters.The Trykon is a bow that either you love,or you hate(and I mean HATE!!!) but when they are tuned properly,they are great bows.The Vectrix is alot smoother on the draw if that's what you want.
Like others haved posted,shoot them both and decide for yourself.
Good luck.:darkbeer:

·
33,181 Posts
You really need to shoot them both for yourself. For me though, the Vectrix is lite years better than the Trykon.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
simple, vectrix or vectrix plus. No reason to go with a trykon, you would be regressing two years, and not taking advantage of the upgrades.

·
Grumpy Old Man
26,816 Posts
I bought a Trykon the first year they came out....after getting it to where it needed to be (new strings and cables) it is a great shooting bow. I've shot the Vectrix and it is smoother......but not smooth enough to replace my Trykon....:wink:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I did not really like my Trykon because I was always having issues. I am now trying to justify getting a new Katera to replace my Vectrix this year and I am having a hard time finding enough reason to do it, because I like it so much. Many folks had issues with the Trykon and you will hear very few about the Vectrix. You have my opinion.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
What are these problems you all speak of? I really haven't heard of any personally. I shoot a Trykon and it's been a great bow, I see no reason to upgrade at this point to anything else on the market. If I was going to upgrade...I probably wouldn't get the vectrix.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Trykon vs. Vectrix

I have a Vectrix and miss my old Trykon. Try them both. I think they are about even performance wise. The looks, draw cycle, and string suppressor are the differences.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I shot both, and there was something I like a little better about the Trykon XL over the Trykon, Vectrix, and Vectrix XL, that being said, I think each and every person has their own "personal" feel and the bow has to meet what they personally like best. Their all good bows to someone.....

Pizzle, you have PM!!

·
Ad Meliora
18,139 Posts
I'd take the Vectrix, but maybe you should also consider the Vulcan, which is more similar to the 08 Katera than the Vectrix. I thought the Vectrix drew nicer than the Trykon, and the string suppressor is a great accessory in my view...good luck!

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
I have owned both and hands down for me is the Vectrix:)I really like the way the cams draw along with the other improvements and upgrades.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I have had a Trykon and a Trykon XL and have shot the Vectrix. Everyone that claims the Trykon is "harsh" is using the word wrong. The Trykon with the 80% letoff loads up on the end of the draw and then falls hard into the valley. The 65% was really nice cause it did not have such a pronounced drop into the valley. This is something that will take some getting useed to but the draw is smooth. Not the smoothest but smooth. I like the XL over the shorty because to me it felt more stable and the longer ATA made it easier to anchor. I do not like the sharp string angles of a 33" ATA bow.
The Vectrix is a slightly updated version of the Trykon. Add one RiserShox, a STS and a different cam. The cam for the Vectrix seems smoother but in my mind all they did was let it load from the beginning instead of the end like on the Trykon. This way the shooter does not notice the loading up because it is not as pronounced at the end of the cycle.
Both are great bows because they are esentially the same. If you can shoot both then do so. If one can be had cheaper than the other and money is the issue then take the lesser of the two.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I had a Trykon XL and sold it for a Vectrix XL. As far as accuracy, vibration and noise I think that they are very similar. I like the cam on the Vectrix better. I never tried the 65%, but the 80% on the Trykon was a bit stiff for me. I liked the way my Trykon XL shot, but I do like my Vectrix XL better.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
I have a Trykon and a Trykon XL with 65% cams. I also had a Vectrix and I own 3 Vulcans. I am one of the guys that think the Trykon is a great bow when they are tuned correctly there is very little differance between it and the Vectrix. The only thing the Vector cam has over the Zephyr is Hoyt smoothed out the rollover into the valley. Once you get acclimated to the draw cylce it's actually kind of nice because you can ease into the valley and for me that was always nice in hunting situations when I was trying to do a stealthy draw. As for the so called harshness of the draw cylce that is an undeserved rap, it is not as harsh as any of the binary cam bows on the market today which I own several of them.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks fellas. I appreciate the input. Now I just gotta pull the proverbial trigger. I'm going to have it as a second bow just for kicks !!

Anybody else got a .02 !!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I havent shot the Vectrix, but I strongly agree that the Trykon gets a bad rap for the whole "harsh" draw reputation. It is very easy to get used to. I dont even notice it. I love my Trykon and it will take one heck of a bow to make me want to trade it in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts