Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello DST Experts,
I'm hoping I can get some help......here is my set up:
DST40
54# DW
29" DL

I have settled on the Victory X killer. The only choice of spine is 200 and the only choice of arrow tip is 150 grain. These are the 27/64" shaft diameter (outter)

My question is.........would I have to keep them full length to spine them properly or could I cut them to my usual shaft length because spining isn't as big of an issue with the DST's?

I normally refer to Archers Advantage Software but the OK bows aren't in the software. I just don't want to cut them and make a mistake.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
P#NW045
12,716 Posts
They accept xxx components so you have more options on tip styles and weights along with nock and bushings options. Start with 200 or 250 gr tips and a bit longer on the shaft length(30" or greater) and start developing your build specs. More than likely I'm guessing you'll end up 30" or so with 250gr tips, 4"vanes/feathers

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
The advantage you have with a 200 spine shaft is you can put a lot of weight up front without getting too weak of a shaft. Id leave em full length and front load the hell out of em. If the XXX components indeed fit get you some pro points from competition archery products, they make a nice 300 gr point. After you get the arrows put together with the heavy points your DST will shoot em just fine. Ive found with my DST'S that they will tune with a surprisingly wide range of spine ratings. In my experience with the super stiff 27 series indoor shafts is they stabilize faster and fly nicer with an ultra high FOC, helical feathers, and full length. And thats on every indoor bow ive owned, but keep in mind this is speaking from my personal experiences. Ive seen some guys shooting XXX's with 100gr points cut to their DL and they score very well. I think youll find the DST shoots any arrow that isnt severely underspined pretty well

·
Registered
879 Posts
Leave them full length which is only 30.5", top hat makes a 300 grain point.

My bow is 30" 60lbs and I shoot
Full length, 300 grain points, 4 Fletch 2.25" Shield cut Vane Tech vanes. They shoot well and I don't have to use spreaders. In my opinion the point makes a big difference.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
sorry mgnasi can't help you with victory :dontknow: never 'been exposed.....we can stil talk about spine generic....
#54 on DST...what cam again? anyway....that shall be about spine 530 with 28.00" carbon length (on my CX nano's) but can't recall how Victory is honoring the unoficial charts....actually there are no two the same on the table currently.....
btw???? lets make this short....
are you shooting Vegas restricted?......30" X-Buster carbon length is a math but really no spine difference on that carbon....same for X-Cutter
you know what?
You go and just shoot them what you have...I bet you for case of beer wherever is a point of impact will be consistent :thumbs_up:thumbs_up....
I came back fourth time, thinking too much .....this why edits long ;)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry mgnasi can't help you with victory :dontknow: never 'been exposed.....we can stil talk about spine generic....
#54 on DST...what cam again? anyway....that shall be about spine 530 with 28.00" carbon length (on my CX nano's) but can't recall how Victory is honoring the unoficial charts....actually there are no two the same on the table currently.....
btw???? lets make this short....
are you shooting Vegas restricted?......30" X-Buster carbon length is a math but really no spine difference on that carbon....same for X-Cutter
you know what?
You go and just shoot them what you have...I bet you for case of beer wherever is a point of impact will be consistent :thumbs_up:thumbs_up....
I came back fourth time, thinking too much .....this why edits long ;)
I'm starting to think that going with my 2314's is probably the best idea. Doesn't sound there there is an easy way to tell what proper spine and tip combination would be.
I would also have to tune the bow to the Victory's and I'm not sure that I am interested in going thought that especially now that I have it perfectly tuned for my 2314's.
I would consider it if the DST 36 shows up before Vegas but I doubt that will be the case.

·
woodsman78
3,306 Posts
Victory does make a 250 grain point and 200 grain point for the X killer , javelin style point

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
I'm starting to think that going with my 2314's is probably the best idea. Doesn't sound there there is an easy way to tell what proper spine and tip combination would be.
I would also have to tune the bow to the Victory's and I'm not sure that I am interested in going thought that especially now that I have it perfectly tuned for my 2314's.
I would consider it if the DST 36 shows up before Vegas but I doubt that will be the case.
Youre overthinking it, its very simple. For the super stiff shafts you leave em full length and put a 250-300 gr point on em as well as helical feathers and theyll shoot great. Never have I found it neccessary to trim a fat shaft thats 150-250 spine out of my 57-60# indoor bows.

·
74,535 Posts
My indoor arrow.

Goldtip XXX with 150grns cut short with 2.0HP Vanes ( I believe the larger vanes/feathers may be a better choice), pin nocks. I went with Tim Gillingham recommendation for my DST bow.

Im 28.5 draw and shooting around 55lbs.
DB

PS- Send Hugo a email asking him. He won a car in the pro class at Vegas last year.
Hugo Barrientos
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Shoot-Through
2,095 Posts
I shoot 2712's @ 29.75" cut to cut, 300 grain pro points with baby feathers. Seem to fly well.

DST's dont seem too picky on arrow selection. I shot a shorter 2613 with 150 points and 4" feathers and impact only changed vertically.

55# @ 30.5" AMO

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Call Steve at Stevesacheryarrows he can help big time.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Anvil on the front with a turkey on the back for me on all my indoor arrows.
I'm only shooting 2315s (fita) but use a 300gr pin up front and 4" parabolic feather.

·
Registered
436 Posts
What's with all of the proper spine? I looked and looked and couldn't find anything about dynamic spine when shooting with a release. So I gave up. However is shooting properly dynamic spined arrows more forgiving.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts