Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone shooting for lens powers at Vegas? Can you see the X ring?
I have a 8X CR Apex scope and have a lot of trouble seeing the x. If my first shot is bad then all the rest of the shots go in the same hole. How is the lighting at vegas. Also a stupid question How is the target scored. I cannot shoot that target for nothin. I can shoot up a 5 spot all day long but that vegas target messes with me.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ttt

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Vegas Target

Different people react differently to this target. I see it better and find it easier to aim at than the blue face. My friend thinks the blue face is easier to aim at. You will find every power scope on the planet at Vegas. Some of the previous winners have shot as high as 8X. Most shoot less power and Chance, who has won the most in the last 5 years, shoots a 2X. You should look for the power that gives you the steadiest hold and the clearest view of the target. It really doesn't make any difference if you can see the pores in the paper if you feel like you are having an epileptic fit while trying to aim.
Jbird

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What color dot does most shoot? I have a orange dot but may try a green circle. I think I may try a 2 or 4 power. you didnt mention what the lighting is like. I'd like to know so I dont show up with the wrong peep size. how come nobody ever wants to touch the vegas questions?

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Vegas Lighting

The lighting ranges from good to poor depending on what bale you are on.
There are lights in the ceiling spaced along the back wall and if your bale is under one you have good lighting. If you draw a bale that is between lights it is fairly dark. I would not show up with a Tru Peep in the micro size.
Jbird

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I use the Tru-Peep in 3/64" or 1/16" with a 6X Truespot scope and I have had no problems with lighting.

Darrel

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
WIHoyt said:
What color dot does most shoot? I have a orange dot but may try a green circle. I think I may try a 2 or 4 power. you didnt mention what the lighting is like. I'd like to know so I dont show up with the wrong peep size. how come nobody ever wants to touch the vegas questions?

The NFAA 5 spot targets are blue with a white center, the Vegas targets are red with a yellow/gold center.

Here is the Vegas face

Darrel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts