Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone covering the Vegas shoot this weekend ?

·
74,535 Posts
Biggest archery event and there never any good coverage of Vegas or the shoot down.

Cant for the life of me understand why.

World Indoor Championships at Vegas and I just got done watching it live on archery TV. Awesome coverage. Close ups and commentators.

How is archery going to grow if not TV coverage?
DB

DB

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Hope they have better commentators than the world championships did. Those boys were just flapping there lips to make noise and were wrong most of the time. One shot Erika's release broke very hot yes it was a 10 but was not the great shot they said it was. The look on her face said it all got lucky on that one. With hinge releases the half moon does not move inside the release. There were about 5 other things like that and I turned the sound off

·
Registered
9,882 Posts
youtube link is not the Vegas Event happening this weekend.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ttt

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hope they have better commentators than the world championships did. Those boys were just flapping there lips to make noise and were wrong most of the time. One shot Erika's release broke very hot yes it was a 10 but was not the great shot they said it was. The look on her face said it all got lucky on that one. With hinge releases the half moon does not move inside the release. There were about 5 other things like that and I turned the sound off
What you clearly don't know was that Erika came to the line with 8 seconds to shoot the arrow. In the team round competition, the 3 archers have a total of 120 seconds to shoot 6 arrows. Erika pulled back on the last arrow with 5 seconds left. The announcers were remarking on how great the shot was because of this and I'm sure Erika looked surprised because she was freaking out about the amount of time she had to shoot an arrow. I'm not sure how many other people could pull that off with the World Championship on the line. I really like the direction archery is going in trying to make things more spectator friendly - it's just what the sport needs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts