Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were nearing the end of March and I'd like to see a few reports from those of you who have ordered the Velocity on how well it does for longer range target shooting out to 100yards. I thought Scorpyd expected shipment to customers around the end of March. Has that changed? I know several on here including Crappie Tom and others with previous Scorpyd experience have their accessories and are ready to go. Anyone heard when they plan to start shipping and what's the expected delivery if one was ordered in mid to late May?

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Were nearing the end of March and I'd like to see a few reports from those of you who have ordered the Velocity on how well it does for longer range target shooting out to 100yards. I thought Scorpyd expected shipment to customers around the end of March. Has that changed? I know several on here including Crappie Tom and others with previous Scorpyd experience have their accessories and are ready to go. Anyone heard when they plan to start shipping and what's the expected delivery if one was ordered in mid to late May?
We all went through that last year with the Ventilator. Chances are good that it ain't gonna happen. Having said that, whenever they DO ship it will have been worth the wait!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I haven't heard of any delays popping up so I think next week they should start shipping.
I don't think it will be as hard to get a velocity as it was a vent last year. If you get one in may.

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
They are still telling me a few weeks till they show up...
Wyvern

·
Registered
579 Posts
what's the expected delivery if one was ordered in mid to late May?
How is it that you ordered one in "mid to late May"? Weren't they only announced this past January? I'm a little confused.

That said, I think I was among the first to pre-order back in early January, so I am guardedly optimistic that I'll have mine by the end of April.

Although I could be in for a disappointment in terms of how quickly it arrives, if that means it was carefully built and tested for quality assurance, then that would be anything but a disappointment.

·
Bringer of truth
14,909 Posts
i am getting a Vapor or a Velocity......what ever lands in my hands first. The Velocity has been on order for about 4 weeks now.
Tenpoints are due May ....just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DCUP...............My question is if I wait to order the Velocity in mid to late May, approximately what could I expect for delivery?
no1huntmaster......I'm in the same boat in terms of trying to decide on either a new Vapor or Velocity. My dealer is calling me as soon as their first Vapor shows so I can trial it. Regarding the Velocity, since no dealers in MN or ND handle Scorpyd, I'll be relying on input from Crappie Tom, VINSON SCOTT and others in terms of the Velocities overall performance and capabilities at mid to long ranges(80 or 100 yards) as this will be a a target rig as well as for hunting. At that point I'll make a decison on which to go with.

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
I'd like to see a velocity :) I'm confident I'd need a crank cocker but that wouldn't be the worst thing.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I'd like to see a velocity :) I'm confident I'd need a crank cocker but that wouldn't be the worst thing.
Pin
I thought I read that you worked out?
Lift weights or something.

·
Registered
579 Posts
DCUP...............My question is if I wait to order the Velocity in mid to late May, approximately what could I expect for delivery?
Thanks for clarifying. Your best bet would be to call Scorpyd directly. They'd be much better able to estimate that than any of us would, I'm sure.

·
Registered
494 Posts
You could also put your order in now for shipment when you needed/wanted it. That way you are on the list. Last fall I ordered the vent to be delivered after my credit card billing cycle date so it would be on the next month, but got my order in earlier.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Yeah guys ... get on that outfit to start shipping. I want to know how you all like your Velocitys! :teeth:

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
Pin
I thought I read that you worked out?
Lift weights or something.
I do but I have shoulder problems. Had to quit doing bench and heavy shoulder presses. Curls, triceps, shrugs, things like that. I can cock the vent but add 15lbs and 2" more length and I'm not sure. Honestly my shoulder hurts as I'm typing from shooting this weekend. I just need to break down and go see a doctor. I can pick up quite a bit up just past my waste but the higher I go the more I feel it

1 - 20 of 214 Posts