Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
That doesn't look right. Could be a paint thing in both cases, but it's under warranty so I would contact the shop where you bought it, or Hoyt directly. May end up with some new limbs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does Hoyt grease their limb pockets? I read that some bows don’t have limb grease (no idea why) and that’s the only reason I can think the paint would be coming off under the pocket.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That’s grease from the pocket I think. I have that too but mine looks more goopy. could be paint rubbing. Hoyt makes the absolute limbs in the business
Its definitely not grease. It doesn't seem like there is any grease under the limbs. All I see is chipped paint. Did you mean to say 'best limbs'?

·
Registered
Pse bows, abb platinum strings, gas strings, trophy ridge sights, Black eagle arrows,
419 Posts
That is a split not a paint get chip get that replaced i had the same exact split happen to me on my pse

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is a split not a paint get chip get that replaced i had the same exact split happen to me on my pse
Yes the first photo is a split. In the second photo I was pointing out that it looks like the paint is being rubbed off where the limb meets the riser. It doesn't seem like there is any grease. I may not have made that clear in the original post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts