Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Hoyt Shooters...

Has anyone removed the grip on Ventum and what worked well to take it off. I have been shooting my Ventum for last few months would like to remove the grip and install UltraView grip. According to UltraView CS, grip from RX3/4 series should work on Ventum. Hoyt CS was not very helpful and said they did not have specs on any UtraView grips and could not advise which one to use. I wanna remove the stock grip and see if RX3 grip will work.
Just for show there is the pic of the bow....
ventum (2).jpg

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also feel free to chime in on string color recommendations for that set up. I was thinking of going with solid red string but really like buckskins and black combos too...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello Fellow Hoyt Shooters...

Has anyone removed the grip on Ventum and what worked well to take it off. I have been shooting my Ventum for last few months would like to remove the grip and install UltraView grip. According to UltraView CS, grip from RX3/4 series should work on Ventum. Hoyt CS was not very helpful and said they did not have specs on any UtraView grips and could not advise which one to use. I wanna remove the stock grip and see if RX3 grip will work.
Just for show there is the pic of the bow....
View attachment 7415964
Can't speak to the grip, but I like those black limbs on the buckskin. What quiver are you using? I'm setting my ventum up tomorrow and need a quiver.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't speak to the grip, but I like those black limbs on the buckskin. What quiver are you using? I'm setting my ventum up tomorrow and need a quiver.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I am using ThighSpot 5 arrow quiver. I did have to get special adapter from TightSpot because I am using an Option sight on this set up. I really like TightSpot on Vetnum and RX3.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Your wife’s blow dryer where your palm contacts it while shooting, and a small flat head or similar object to pry with. Pops right off and doesn’t take a ton of heat

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your wife’s blow dryer where your palm contacts it while shooting, and a small flat head or similar object to pry with. Pops right off and doesn’t take a ton of heat
Great! Thank you for the advice! I will try that tonight. Did you just pry it at the bottom of the grip or closer to the shelf? I heard that Hoyt uses double sides tape when factory installing those grips.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great! Thank you for the advice! I will try that tonight. Did you just pry it at the bottom of the grip or closer to the shelf? I heard that Hoyt uses double sides tape when factory installing those grips.
Kinda worked it from both but it comes off easy with the heat cause it’s only that one strip holding it on

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yes, hair dryer to the back of the grip and mine came off easy. Put on the side plates that I made from a solid one piece Hoyt grip about 15 years ago. Screw holes lined up perfectly…

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the advice. Grip came of easy but UltraView grip for RX3 will not work on Ventum. Plus found out that UltraView grips crack like ice. Thought it was tight fit like my RX3 and crack goes the grip lol...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts