Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've got the Tommy Hogg with a single-up pin. The season opens Saturday here in PA, so I haven't really beat it up much yet. It works flawlessly in the backyard. The adjustments are very precise. My only beef with it so far is that I haven't been able track down a sight tape for it that is not upside-down. I could probably make one with a program I guess.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Boss hogg is the best sight I have ever own. Build like a tank and endless adjustments. Probably would be a great 3D sight. I like it so much I put one on all of my bows.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Tommy with a 3pin and now a single up pin.
Awesome sight! Endless possibilities, can shift my pin gaps for whatever Im doing but can also set the bottom pin as far out as I want.
Endless pros to speak of!

only minor cons:
a tiny bit heavier than the hogg-it styles
a couple extra screw keep it from being a "simple" hunting sight (but have no reason to doubt it)

BTW OnTarget2 can get you printed sight marks for it.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
i am loving my hogg father sight. It is the best target sight i have ever used and i dont think anything can compare with it.

·
Registered
40,174 Posts
have been using mine for over a year now I have the HF with 3 pins and 6x lens and single green 010 up pin . love em both

I may be a little biased , I also sell them :) get with me for the best prices around and for custom orders

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
gotta make your own....which is the only way to do it, imo
too many variables to give a generic package of labels

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I am using the hogg-father and it is awesome, I have no complaints I finally found a target sight I can also use hunting. I use AA to make tapes and they are always spot on.

·
Registered
926 Posts
hogg father

The Hogg Father is awesome, perhaps I love the engineering (I have a hoggernaut as well). I had a surelocc 550 which is now up for sale. Love this Hogg Father.

Only 1 complaint/request to Spott Hogg. That is - on the Sureloc you didnt have to look the screw after each adjustment, on the Spot Hoggs you have too - wish they could do it the Sureloc way. But its a small thing as dont adjust often.

·
Registered
40,174 Posts
The Hogg Father is awesome, perhaps I love the engineering (I have a hoggernaut as well). I had a surelocc 550 which is now up for sale. Love this Hogg Father.

Only 1 complaint/request to Spott Hogg. That is - on the Sureloc you didnt have to look the screw after each adjustment, on the Spot Hoggs you have too - wish they could do it the Sureloc way. But its a small thing as dont adjust often.
what screw are you speaking of my friend

·
The Western Triangle
2,231 Posts
Boss hogg is the best sight I have ever own. Build like a tank and endless adjustments. Probably would be a great 3D sight. I like it so much I put one on all of my bows.

+2:thumbs_up

Love mine....

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I have the Tommy and really really like it for 3-d and hunting. Simple and very efficient as long as I hold tight on the spot/ring/vitals.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
+3 Great sight!!!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
boss-hogg

my gripe is a common one. sight is awesome very adjustable,. w/that said spott-hogg dosen`t go the extra 1`` to provide sight tapes for diff speed/arrow/wgt etc. hha does as well as others. not much cost to the mfg. aft. U spend 250.00$+ they want U 2 go out and buy a program for another 50.00$+. so if U want one expect 2 spend more $$. but the site is very rugged. high quality typical s.h.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
After Having this site a few months now, Id thought Id give my review/opinion on this site, mind you this is my first moveable sight and im still learning it but, after a few months in the field, in the stand, and at the range, id like to share

My initial reaction when I unboxed the sight was oh man this thing is just awesome, it had quality written all over it, the pins immaculate, and bright with the wrap, I have a 3 pin tommy by the way. I love that thin bar going down the middle of my sight ring, makes keeping things even a breeze. and getting lined up easy as well.

after screwing it on my z28, I looked at it and was lost, as the directions I got were for the hogg-father, no biggie really, but i was confused and scared to even mess with it, after a quick email to spott-hogg and reading the directions over and over, I figured out how this bad boy worked and I was well on my way, the fine adjustments on the tommy are just spectacular and very very precise I was dialed out to 40 in less then 20 minutes, which was good for me, setting the pins was quick and painless.

Lots of people ask about the durability of these adjustable sights, and boy are they durable, i been hunting with it every weekend, shooting my bow everyday with it, and its been banged around. nothing has moved, the bolts are tight as the day i tigtened them. the locks dont move, they keep this sight right where its supposed to be, it takes some force to even unlock them. Bottom line once you set this sight, its not going anywhere.

as i use this more for a hunting sight and just an everyday shooter type sight, I went with the 3 pins with the option to adjust my bottom pin out to further yards, my limit right now is 40 yards, and i have a 20-30-40 pin, but wanted the option of having the ability to gain more yardage without adding more pins.

i went with the tommy because of quiver clearance and I am able to reach the dial with ease as well, as going with the boss hog puts the dial right behind my quiver

it is kinda heavy but its built like a tank, and I like the added weight to my bow.

im really loving this sight so far, first hogg, first adjustable sight, A+

·
Registered
40,174 Posts
my gripe is a common one. sight is awesome very adjustable,. w/that said spott-hogg dosen`t go the extra 1`` to provide sight tapes for diff speed/arrow/wgt etc. hha does as well as others. not much cost to the mfg. aft. U spend 250.00$+ they want U 2 go out and buy a program for another 50.00$+. so if U want one expect 2 spend more $$. but the site is very rugged. high quality typical s.h.
the manufacturers intent is to provide a sight that is capable of maintaining tight tolerences in field conditions and last for the rest of your life, mission acomplished there . the only way to truely "sight in " your bow with a movable pin sight is to use a program you would literaly have to provide hundreds of individual tapes to get a sight properly set up they take into account shaft diameter vane length and height arrow weight and length ,velocity, drag ,B.c., so many individual factors I cant rattle them off the top of my head and then kick out the perfect sight tape thats dead on from one foot to 140 yds , i doubt that what ever tape you get with another sight is very accurate and if it was accurate its a one in several thousand shot

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
I use the Boss Hogg for hunting and think it's great. :thumbs_up
Have the 3 pin wrap; use the top two pins for a fixed 20 and 30 yard adjustment and the bottom pin from 40 on out.
Made my own tape and just marked off the settings.
Here's a pic of it with a Kwikee quiver to show there's no problem acessing the adjustment dial with the Kwikee attached.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts