Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that if you currently have Verizon service, you get unlimited data for $5/ mth. but pay an additional $4/ mth for premium service so in the end, $9/mth

I have AT&T phone service so wondering what you non-Verizon folks pay / mth?

I see paying through the Spartan website a 1GB plan for 3mths for $35.99 (which includes the $4/mth premium service each mth) so $12/mth.

How does that number compare the plans offered directly through Verizon? Do they offer a 3 or 6 mth plan for a better rate or over more data over that time?

Am I better off just going through Spartan?

Thanks!

·
Catty Shack
12,412 Posts
Are you talking about cell cams or smart phones?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I think he’s asking about going through Spartan instead of the phone store. I checked than out at my local store and the plans were way expensive

·
Happy Hunter
2,886 Posts
Cell cams on Verizon requires a $10.00 month line charge . Then you have to add a data plan to receive pictures to your phone.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm talking about cell cams.

I've also heard Verizon charges a $30 activation fee but can get that waived.

·
Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
25,401 Posts
I pay $5 month on my Verizon bill then have to pay spartan credits for $3 pc

·
Registered
25,401 Posts
I haven’t hooked a new one up in past year or so but I had Verizon and hooked 4 cams up for $5 a pc

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
I pay $12 each for my Spartans through the Spartan App.

I have an unlimited family plan through Verizon. I went in and asked them about adding my cameras to our plan and it was way more expensive. Ive been in twice but i think is a "who you know" kind of deal. The employees I dealt with had no idea about these Spartans or how to incorporate them into what I had. I wish I knew more..... that said, theres nothing im unhappy about with the $36/3 month App deal. Its great!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I have an unlimited family plan through Verizon. I went in and asked them about adding my cameras to our plan and it was way more expensive. Ive been in twice but i think is a "who you know" kind of deal. The employees I dealt with had no idea about these Spartans or how to incorporate them into what I had. I wish I knew more..... that said, theres nothing im unhappy about with the $36/3 month App deal. Its great!

I'll likely just go through Spartan.

Being a non-Verizon customer, I'll probably just end up saving a few pennies at best vs. just going through Spartan who actually know how to set the camera up. There seems to be very little customer support that actually knows about the cameras and what kind of data plan to set them up with. I have several AT&T cameras and it's the same situation; no one knows about it.
I used an online chat with Verizon yesterday and the guy started telling me it was going to be $85/ camera then I told him something was way off as I knew Verizon customers could get it for $5/ mth and told him about the rates Spartan provided. He then proceeded to tell me that rates would be $10/ mth. A lot of back and forth but never got a good sense of what a non-verizon customer paid and what data packages were available. Just ended the conversation and figured I'd ask the AT crew.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
FWIW, the CS at Spartan are very helpful and knowledgeable! You may have to leave a message but ive been happy dealing with them.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts

just login to your account and add a device. It's $5 a month. Then it's just the $3 a month if you want the premium Spartan account. If you have unlimited internet you have no limits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
just login to your account and add a device. It's $5 a month. Then it's just the $3 a month if you want the premium Spartan account. If you have unlimited internet you have no limits.

See that makes sense to me but no one at Verizon could tell me that!

Ill have to look into it for sure. Can i still use the Spartan app on my phone then?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
See that makes sense to me but no one at Verizon could tell me that!

Ill have to look into it for sure. Can i still use the Spartan app on my phone then?

Thanks!

Yes, you can still use the Spartan app.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
i tried using a sim card from at&t and it wouldn't work in my cam. had to use the one from spartan.

·
Registered
25,401 Posts
When u buy a spartan cam it should already come with the SIM card for the camera. Then u buy any sanddisk card and put in. This way if your camera dosent send pics it still stores them

·
Registered
194 Posts
I’m running both of mine through Verizon plan. It’s $4.25 per cam for unlimited pics and videos and then you purchase the credits through spartan. So $7 per month per cam for unlimited and premium. You can’t beat it compared to other cams.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Where are you guys getting your Spartan Go Cams? I was told you have to buy them through a cellular 1 store.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts