Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard nothing but good things about the Vertigo camo pattern from you guys here with a lot of guys commenting on the fit/quality of the garments. Are most of you guys buying directly from ALS/Scent-Lok or are you buying from another company who's licensing the Vertigo pattern for their brand of clothing? I have the Vertigo in Cabela's MT050 Whitetail Series for colder temps, what fabric are you guys buying your Vertigo in for early to mid season hunting?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Bought mine from Native Species last fall. I think their site is down now for maintainance. They made really nice clothes in that pattern, and didn't have scent-lok in them.

·
Registered
9,729 Posts
Don't wear it when hunting in a bottom where you could get silhouetted against a hillside. That cost me a buck last year! He nailed me from way out. The wind was perfect too. Realtree AP camo for me!

·
Scout, Hunt, Kill!!!
4,260 Posts
I have the Native Species Wild Wolf Fleece Vest and Skull Cap and the All Season Pants, I had the Jacket but sold it when I found the Scent-Lok original Full Season version on sale. I like the cut of that jacket and the features (Adjustable Cuffs, more pockets, better collar) better than the Native Species jacket, the carbon lining had nothing to do with trading for the Scent-lok version. I also have the Savanna EXT pants in Vertigo Tan and a Baseslayers Long Sleeve in Tan for early season.

The Savanna Vigilante series a good early to early mid season set. Good cut and nice features like the harness slit in the back of jacket.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
I've got a tertigo tan series from native species I'm selling. Pants, jacket, hat and a scent lok savanna ext shirt. PM me if interested.

·
Cummins Power
2,405 Posts
my local Gander Mountain carries it in Scent-Lok branded clothing... I picked up a jacket on clearance for 50% off this fall... everything about it is great.... I wear it over Realtree AP pants that I also got on clearance

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,380 Posts
I ordered my Full Season Velocity set direct from the Scent-Lok store

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone have this in the Cabela's Revolution Fleece, if so how do you like that?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Bought mine in Native Species, a subsidiary of ScentLok

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have a scent-lok suit in vertigo. I love the quietness of the fabric and its fairly warm but not hot. Best investment iv made.

·
LSU TIGERS
1,217 Posts
i buy mine from scent lok. not for the scent lok reason but just bc they make high quality fitting clothes.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What's up with the Native Species web site, anyone else having issues accessing pages within it?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
What's up with the Native Species web site, anyone else having issues accessing pages within it?
I actually think (just a theory) that ALS is doing away with their entry line of Vertigo camo (Native Species branded stuff), so people will be forced to buy the higher-priced Scentlok clothing instead. Again, that's just speculation.

I purchased my stuff back in October so I'm glad I didnt hold off till the New Year. It wouldn't surprise me if the site NEVER came back.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Vertigo (grey or tan) is owned by ALS Enterprises, which previously offered Vertigo in various lines of non-scent-control apparel under the Native Species brand. You can find remnants of the Native Species stock in certain Gander Mtn stores, Sportsmans Warehouses, and local retailers. As I understand it, Native Species is now defunct, with ALS's principle brand, Scent-Lok solely currently marketing Vertigo camo under a number of various weights across most of the big box outdoor retailers. Cabela's and Gander usually offer good offerings, followed by BassPro. Hand's down, Vertigo Grey, even within the more-expensive Scent-Lok brand, R - O - C - K - S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I picked up a vertigo grey Scentlok Jacket at the bargain cave at Cabelas in Kansas City. Gotta about half off.

Its light and will work great on those days when I don't need my all season coat. :)

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Scent-Lok Vertigo gray full season bibs from Cabelas in Dundee Michigan; then found the jacket and pants at a Bass Pro shop in Nashville, Tn. on sale.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts