Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mathews Vertix maxed out at 60lbs with the 60lb/28.5” mods. I’ve noticed since the beginning that after sitting all day I will hear a soft click or two coming from the top limb when I draw back the first time. It does not happened again unless I leave it all day.

I was told one solution was to turn the limb bolts in and out which did make a little difference, but has not alleviated it entirely.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with this bow? What other places and things should I check?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have heard several of the vertex limb pocket its dry. I think it has to be pressed and broke down to grease it. That what I heard anyway. Someone that knows better will hopefully chime in.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I have a Mathews Vertix maxed out at 60lbs with the 60lb/28.5” mods. I’ve noticed since the beginning that after sitting all day I will hear a soft click or two coming from the top limb when I draw back the first time. It does not happened again unless I leave it all day.

I was told one solution was to turn the limb bolts in and out which did make a little difference, but has not alleviated it entirely.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with this bow? What other places and things should I check?
I had the same issue with my Traverse. In my case a screw was loose on mod on top cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,153 Posts
These type of noises are usually one of two things. 1. The limb pocket is dry or 2. There is a screw on the limb pocket or the cam, usually a module screw, that is a little loose and needs snugged up. I like to take the mods off and reseat them again as sometimes it's just that they're a little "off" of where they should be indexed on the cam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts