Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone bow hunt out of a tripod? I have specific stand where I gun hunt that has zero trees that would be able to hold a climber or a lean to stand. The main reason is because there is solid limestone about a inch into the dirt. It's extremely hard to find a spot to put a stake in. I've put a ground blind in a few years ago but it took me a couple of hours to just find where i could hammer the stakes into the ground.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hunt out of a 16ft tripod and I love it. I hunt in central Texas, small live oaks. I have it set right in the middle of some trees for good cover. Have never been busted in the tripod and have had deer walk right under it. Feel very safe and comfortable. Easy to shoot out of sitting down with swivel seat. Leave the gun rack off.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I hunt out of 14' Strong Built tripods nestled into tall brush. Strong Built makes an archery kit for them which widens and moves the rails out away from the seat...super comfortable and easy to shoot out of! I've killed a bunch of deer out of them, including several bucks and one a 141" 10 point! Also hogs, turkeys and a few unlucky raccoons!

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
I've had real good luck with mine. You need to set them into what ever cover you have and then string some camo netting around it using any small trees you have. This has worked for me in spots where I can't hang a stand and the ground cover is to thick for a blind to work well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts