Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
It's more about what are the good and bad things about your shooting, any top line bow will perform.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, but I'm asking about the bow in general. Is it loud? Vibration? Slow or fast? Things like that.

·
Banned
841 Posts
Do you mean the Victory? good bow, I wish it had just a smidge more brace but other than that good bow, I like mine set at minimum let off/valley and I reversed the Shims for center shot

·
Registered
677 Posts
SfThomas, welcome to the forum.
I bought one Victory a year ago (black, 65 lbs, 29") and just bought a second one (blue, 60 lbs, 29"). There's nothing I don't like about it. If you like binary systems (some don't) and like the Elite feel, you'd probably like this bow.
Specifically: i have shot well with short bows, but I think the 39" ATA offers some extra stability. I like the fact that it has holes in the riser that give me options for mounting stailizers and sights. I like the fit and finish. I like the grip. I have found it easy to time and tune. I like the adjustable valley; I have played around with various settings this past year and have concluded I like the stops all the way out or just barely moved in (deep valley) because I can hold on the back wall with moderate pressure and focus on aiming. What else... I like the big flat shelf it made mounting a rest a little easier. I have never felt the need to shim anything. I also like the warranty they offer and the company that makes them. And, I confess that I think it's cool that a growing number of world-class archers are shooting and winning with them. Though that could be said of any of the top manufacturers, especially Hoyt. I like the fact that the price – point of a victory, while high, is below that of other top end models. I might have purchased a podium X last year but I found a lightly used Victory at about a third the price of a new Podium.
As far as noise, and feedback, my hunting bows are quieter but I have them set up with quieter accessories and stabilizers, heavy arrows, etc. I could do so with the Vic but I don't care how it sounds I care that it's stable and hits what I'm shooting at. It's not loud, though.
Speed... For a target bow, it's on the fast side of things. But it's not a screaming fast bow. I could make it faster by shooting lighter arrows--that's actually my project this spring for the 65lber, which I plan on setting up as a dedicated 3D bow. Do some searches you will see people hunt with them, they're popular for 3-D, indoor, field etc. you will also find plenty of people who can't stand Elites, and who complain about the fit and finish, speed, grip, etc and have different opinions than I do. You have to filter through a lot of BS on this forum and make your own decisions. No bow is going to shoot itself, anyway.
Good luck with your decisions, and happy shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! I've personally heard nothing but good things about these bows and the longer ata is something I'm very fond of. I've shot a c4 for about 6 years now (I have it posted in the classifieds) and the feel just isn't the same. I absolutely love the way an elite feels and shoots, and I can't wait to get one up and running.

·
Registered Loser
1,267 Posts
Thank you all for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! I've personally heard nothing but good things about these bows and the longer ata is something I'm very fond of. I've shot a c4 for about 6 years now (I have it posted in the classifieds) and the feel just isn't the same. I absolutely love the way an elite feels and shoots, and I can't wait to get one up and running.
you will have no trouble transitioning from a c4 to a victory.
those two feel very similar to me.
it can be a struggle getting the holding weight up on a victory but its doable.
the o rings on the stops are your friend :)

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

·
74,535 Posts

Attachments

·
Banned
841 Posts
Holding weight, reduce the let off by turning in your draw stops and add 2 twists to the string and you'll have good feel. Also reverse the shims for center shot

·
74,535 Posts

·
74,535 Posts

·
74,535 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
I love my Victory. As others have stated, it's a smooth shooting bow that is easy to tune. The back wall is solid, and there is little to no vibration. If anything negative can be said about the bow, the cable slide is the weak point. Take it off, throw it away, and install an aftermarket one. I use a Saunders Hyperglide.
Other than that, I shoot mine a lot, and I have never had so much as a hiccup with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts